"We worked on a lot of trick stuff today. The main thing is having guys move around and make sure their assignments were there. We had a good two-minute offense work as well. I was pleased with today and pleased for the week. Playing every Saturday, the weeks go fast. We are in a rhythm and we have to play in rhythm."
"I hope the guys are relaxed--that is a good sign if they are. It is one thing to be relaxed and out of sync, but I think the guys are relaxed and ready to play. They know they have a tough opponent on Saturday."
· South Florida is aiming for the upset on Saturday and letting the media know about it. Coker response was, "I don't pay any attention to it. Whoever plays the best on Saturday will win the game. You can throw all the papers out when the game starts."
· CB Rashaun Jones was added to the list of guys who could play cornerback on Saturday. Jones is a 6-foot-1, 195-pound sophomore who played in four games last season.
· The quarterbacks worked with the receivers and tight ends at the end of practice today. The wide receivers worked on an inside slant route from the 5-yardline, which was very encouraging to see from the offense. The tight ends worked on a short inside post from the 5-yardline as well. Both routes could be used inside the redzone on Saturday.
· CB Marcus Maxey will not start on Saturday, but could play. He has been limited this week. Maxey suffered a foot sprain last week against Colorado and missed the second half of the game.
· SS Greg Threat is still slowed by a thigh bruise and according to Coker, he is "a question mark and there is still a long time before the game."
· TE Buck Ortega will play on Saturday according to Coker after suffering from a leg injury earlier this week.
· LB Tavares Gooden has been ruled out for the third straight game due to a shoulder injury he suffered in the first game.
· CB Randy Phillips will not play against USF due to a knee injury suffered against Colorado. Phillips was at practice with crutches and a full-leg cast. He is not expected to return to the field anytime soon.
· LB Darryl Sharpton also has been ruled out against South Florida. Sharpton suffered a leg/ankle injury against Colorado and is expected to miss at least a couple of games.
· FS Anthony Reddick, CB Glenn Sharpe, DT Teraz McCray, and CB Carlos Armour are not practicing and are still recovering from ACL injuries. All four will miss the 2005 season.
Tuesday, October 4 at 3:20 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at email@example.com