· DATE: Saturday, October 1 TIME: 8:00 p.m. TV: ESPNU
· First ever meeting between the two schools
· The Hurricanes have been ranked in the AP Poll longer than any other team in the country, 93 consecutive weeks dating back to December 4, 1999.
· South Florida is coming off a 45-14 upset over Louisville, which was ranked ninth going into the game.
QB #3 Kyle Wright LT #74 Eric Winston RB #30 Tyrone Moss LG #68 Tyler McMeans FB #23 Quadtrine Hill C #78 Anthony Wollschlager WR #85 Ryan Moore RG #61 Tony Tella WR #83 Sinorice Moss RT #64 Rashad Butler TE #82 Greg OlsenOther Key Players: QB Kirby Freeman, RB Derron Thomas, RB Charlie Jones, FB James Bryant, WR Lance Leggett, WR Darnell Jenkins, CB Devin Hester, TE Buck Ortega, OL Andrew Bain
Keep your eye on: Jones, who is coming off a good week of practices and recovering from a slight hamstring injury.
LE #95 Bryan Pata CB #22 Kelly Jennings LT #98 Baraka Atkins CB #4 Devin Hester RT #92 Orien Harris FS #1 Kenny Phillips RE #90 Thomas Carroll SS #19 Brandon Meriweather WLB #2 Jon Beason MLB #51 Romeo Davis SLB #50 Roger McIntoshOther Key Players: DE Calais Campbell, DE Javon Nanton, DT Kareem Brown, LB Willie Williams, LB Leon Williams, CB Marcus Maxey, SS Greg Threat
Keep your eye on: Hester, who will be making his first start of the year at cornerback
HURRICANES (22.0 ppg, 14.3 pag) QB Kyle Wright 648 yards 56% 3 TD 2 INT RB Tyrone Moss 280 yards 4.2 avg 3 TD WR Sinorice Moss 10 receptions 171 yards 1 TD TE Greg Olsen 13 receptions 171 yards 0 TD LB Jon Beason 18 tackles, 2 for loss SS Brandon Meriweather 30 tackles, 1 interception KR Devin Hester 21.3 KR, 7.8 PR, 41 rush yards K Jon Peattie 6-10 FG 6-6 XP BULLS (31.5 ppg, 13.5 pag) QB Pat Julmiste 459 yards 59% 3 TD 2 INT 133 rush yds RB Andre Hall 466 yards 5.5 avg 6 TD 79 rec yards 1 TD WR Johnny Peyton 8 receptions 89 yards 2 TD WR Amarri Jackson 153 total yards 2 TD LB Ben Moffitt 29 tackles, 5 for loss LB Stephen Nicholas 21 tackles, 4 sacks KR Jackie Chambers 19.0 KR 18.4 PR 74 rec yards K Kyle Bronson 3-4 FG 13-13 XP
When Miami has the ball…
QB Kyle Wright vs. LB Ben Moffitt
Wright has three games under his belt as a starter and is looking to let loose this game. Look for Wright to utilize the short to medium passing game, which will be the main responsibility of Moffitt. Moffitt was named national player of the week after his 14-tackle performance against Louisville. For Miami to have success in the passing game, they like to use their tight ends and backs out of the backfield as well as wide receiver screen plays.
When South Florida has the ball…
RB Andre Hall vs. DT Orien Harris
Hall is USF's best player and arguable a top-10 back in the country. Last year Hall rushed for a school-record 1,357 yards averaging 6.5 yards per carry. Harris leads the Miami defensive line unit on and off the field. It is imperative for him to establish a good push in the backfield and not let Hall run loose.
· TE Buck Ortega - Probable (leg)
· CB Marcus Maxey - Questionable (ankle)
· SS Greg Threat - Questionable (thigh)
· CB Randy Phillips - Out (knee)
· LB Darryl Sharpton - Out (ankle)
· LB Tavares Gooden - Out (shoulder)
· OL Derrick Morse - Out (shoulder)
· RB Andrew Johnson - Out (ACL)
· FS Anthony Reddick - Out for season (ACL)
· DT Teraz McCray - Out for season (ACL)
· CB Glenn Sharpe - Out for season (ACL)
· CB Carlos Armour - Out for season (ACL)
NEXT GAME - October 8 vs Duke, 3:30 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at email@example.com