· DATE: Saturday, October 8 TIME: 3:30 p.m. TV: ESPNU
· All-time series is tied 1-1, last meeting was in 1983 with a Miami victory.
· The Hurricanes have been ranked in the AP Poll longer than any other team in the country, 94 consecutive weeks dating back to December 4, 1999.
· Duke is 3-13 in their last 16 games.
QB #3 Kyle Wright LT #74 Eric Winston RB #30 Tyrone Moss LG #68 Tyler McMeans FB #23 Quadtrine Hill C #78 Anthony Wollschlager WR #85 Ryan Moore RG #61 Tony Tella WR #83 Sinorice Moss RT #64 Rashad Butler TE #82 Greg OlsenOther Key Players: QB Kirby Freeman, RB Derron Thomas, RB Charlie Jones, RB Andrew Johnson, FB James Bryant, WR Lance Leggett, WR Darnell Jenkins, CB Devin Hester, OL Derrick Morse, OL Andrew Bain
Keep your eye on: Johnson, who has been cleared to play after suffering an ACL injury last December.
LE #95 Bryan Pata CB #22 Kelly Jennings LT #98 Baraka Atkins CB #24 Marcus Maxey RT #92 Orien Harris FS #1 Kenny Phillips RE #90 Thomas Carroll SS #19 Brandon Meriweather WLB #2 Jon Beason MLB #44 Leon Williams SLB #50 Roger McIntoshOther Key Players: DE Calais Campbell, DE Javon Nanton, DT Kareem Brown, LB Glenn Cook, LB Willie Williams, CB Devin Hester, SS Greg Threat
Keep your eye on: Cook, who was used a lot last week in nickel situations and is a versatile linebacker for coach Hargreaves
HURRICANES (23.2 ppg, 12.5 pag) QB Kyle Wright 821 yards 55% 3 TD 3 INT RB Tyrone Moss 369 yards 4.1 avg 6 TD WR Sinorice Moss 11 receptions 183 yards 1 TD TE Greg Olsen 15 receptions 243 yards 0 TD LB Roger McIntosh 29 tackles, 1 sack SS Brandon Meriweather 35 tackles, 2 interceptions KR Devin Hester 21.3 KR, 11.8 PR, 45 rush yards, 1 INT K Jon Peattie 8-12 FG 9-9 XP BLUE DEVILS (17.8 ppg, 29.8 pag) QB Mike Schneider 284 yards 46% 0 TD 4 INT QB Zack Asack 236 yards 70% 2 TD 3 INT RB Justin Boyle 277 yards 3.8 avg 5 TD WR Jomar Wright 8 receptions 155 yards 1 TD LB Patrick Bailey 33 tackles, 2 for loss CB John Talley 24 tackles, 3 interceptions KR Chris Davis 18.2 KR 9.1 PR 1 career kickoff TD K Joe Surgan 2-3 FG 5-5 XP
When Miami has the ball…
WR Ryan Moore vs. CB John Talley
It is time Miami effectively utilized their downfield threats. Moore (6-3/215) is their best receiver and had a good week of practices. He has remained positive despite the lack of balls thrown his way in recent weeks and today is the day he looks to breakout. Talley (5-11/180) is Duke's best cornerback and already has three interceptions on the season.
When Duke has the ball…
QB Zack Asack vs. DE Bryan Pata
Asack (6-4/190) is a true freshman who has shown positives at the quarterback position for Duke. Last week in the loss to Navy, Asack completed 12-of-16 passes for 111 yards and rushed for 58 yards and a touchdown. Pata (6-4/270) is Miami's best defensive end, but has yet to record a sack. He leads the ends with 10 tackles on the season and is steady against the run.
· SS Greg Threat - Probable, thigh
· OL Derrick Morse - Probable, shoulder
· RB Andrew Johnson - Probable, ACL
· TE Buck Ortega - Questionable, ankle
· CB Randy Phillips - Out, knee
· LB Darryl Sharpton - Out, ankle/knee
· LB Tavares Gooden - Out, shoulder
· FS Anthony Reddick - Out for season, ACL
· DT Teraz McCray - Out for season, ACL
· CB Glenn Sharpe - Out for season, ACL
· CB Carlos Armour - Out for season, ACL
NEXT GAME - October 15 at Temple
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at email@example.com