"We had a good fundamental day. We kind of went back, this week and last week, tryin to get better as a football team and get better fundamentally. We'll see Saturday if we had. We just have to continue to work and get better with what we do."
· Running backs Derron Thomas, Charlie Jones, and Andrew Johnson have an important week of practice. Their performance on Saturday could help sort things out as to who is the number two running back.
· DE Thomas Carroll is expected to return and is slated to start at LE in place of Bryan Pata. Eric Moncur is expected to start at RE.
· CB Randy Phillips returned to practice today for the first time since suffering a knee injury against Colorado. Phillips is not expected to play this week, but is hoping to be ready by Georgia Tech on October 22.
· WR Darnell Jenkins did practice some today. Whether or not he plays on Saturday has not been decided, but when Coker was asked if he anticipates him playing he responded, "I anticipate him being ready."
· The team is allowed to have 70 players travel to road games. Injury status will be a determining factor on some players because a lot of playes are expected to play against an 0-6 Temple team.
· DE Bryan Pata is expected to get an MRI on his knee later this week or early next week after the swelling goes down. He will not play this weekend.
· OL Cyrim Wimbs is questionable for the game on Saturday, but Coker did say he "thinks he'll play". Wimbs did not play against Duke due to a sprained ankle.
· OL Andrew Bain has been slowed by a shoulder injury and did not practice today.
· LB Tavares Gooden had shoulder surgery last week and it went well. "He needed to have it done, but there were some definite things that needed to be repaired," Coker said.
· LB Darryl Sharpton will not play against Temple. He is expected to miss at least a couple of games.
· FS Anthony Reddick, CB Glenn Sharpe, DT Teraz McCray, and CB Carlos Armour are not practicing and are still recovering from ACL injuries. All four will miss the 2005 season.
Wednesday, October 12, at 3:20 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at email@example.com