"It was hot, guys pushed through it and ran around pretty well. It was really one of the better practices of the year."
· Wide receivers Ryan Moore, Sinorice Moss, and Lance Leggett all recorded touchdown passes against Duke. The receivers as a unit accounted for 17 receptions in the game. Today they had a good practice according to Coker, "I was really impressed with the wide receivers. They really stepped it up today."
· DE Thomas Carroll is expected to return and is slated to start at LE in place of Bryan Pata. Eric Moncur is expected to start at RE. "I think it is working out pretty well. Thomas is a veteran player and in certain situations, we want to get the best players on the field. If he needs to be out there, left or right, he will do that," Coker said.
· QB Kirby Freeman threw two touchdowns in the game against Duke, the first of his career. He's getting geared up for another week of solid playing time and is ready to make the most of it.
· WR Darnell Jenkins looked a lot better than Coker expected today. He will be cleared to play this weekend if the coaches decide to play him as opposed to giving him the week off to get ready for Georgia Tech.
· The team is allowed to have 70 players travel to road games. Injury status will be a determining factor on some players because a lot of playes are expected to play against an 0-6 Temple team.
· DE Bryan Pata "will be evaluated so I don't really have an update," Coker said. "He is immobilized and he will not play this week. We will see how things go for next week."
· OL Cyrim Wimbs is questionable for the game on Saturday, but Coker did say he "thinks he'll play". Wimbs did not play against Duke due to a sprained ankle.
· CB Randy Phillips and OL Andrew Bain appear to be at least a week away from playing.
· LB Tavares Gooden had shoulder surgery last week and it went well. "He needed to have it done, but there were some definite things that needed to be repaired," Coker said.
· LB Darryl Sharpton is not practicing due to a leg injury.
· FS Anthony Reddick, CB Glenn Sharpe, DT Teraz McCray, and CB Carlos Armour are not practicing and are still recovering from ACL injuries. All four will miss the 2005 season.
Thursday, October 13, at 3:20 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at email@example.com