· DATE: Saturday, October 15 TIME: 1:00 p.m. TV: FSN/FSN Florida
· Miami leads the all-time series 12-1 with Miami winnining the last 12 games.
· The Hurricanes won 52-14 in the last contest between the two schools on October 18, 2003. Tyrone Moss rushed for 135 yards and Jarrett Payton added 115 as the two combined for three touchdowns for the Hurricanes.
· Temple is 1-13 in their last 14 games.
QB #3 Kyle Wright LT #74 Eric Winston RB #30 Tyrone Moss LG #68 Tyler McMeans FB #23 Quadtrine Hill C #78 Anthony Wollschlager WR #85 Ryan Moore RG #61 Tony Tella WR #83 Sinorice Moss RT #64 Rashad Butler TE #82 Greg OlsenOther Key Players: QB Kirby Freeman, RB Derron Thomas, RB Charlie Jones, RB Andrew Johnson, FB James Bryant, WR Lance Leggett, WR Akieem Jolla, CB Devin Hester, OL Derrick Morse, OL Andrew Bain
Keep your eye on: Thomas, the breakaway running back is due for a long gain.
LE #90 Thomas Carroll CB #22 Kelly Jennings LT #98 Baraka Atkins CB #24 Marcus Maxey RT #92 Orien Harris FS #1 Kenny Phillips RE #94 Eric Moncur SS #19 Brandon Meriweather WLB #2 Jon Beason MLB #51 Romeo Davis SLB #50 Roger McIntoshOther Key Players: DE Calais Campbell, DE Javon Nanton, DT Kareem Brown, LB Leon Williams, LB Glenn Cook, LB Willie Williams, CB Devin Hester, SS Greg Threat
Keep your eye on: Moncur, who made his first start of his career last week. He's a terror off the edge, very explosive.
HURRICANES (29.0 ppg, 11.4 pag) QB Kyle Wright 1076 yards 55% 6 TD 5 INT RB Tyrone Moss 451 yards 4.5 avg 8 TD WR Sinorice Moss 15 receptions 257 yards 2 TD TE Greg Olsen 18 receptions 274 yards 1 TD LB Roger McIntosh 38 tackles, 2 sacks SS Brandon Meriweather 46 tackles, 2 interceptions KR Devin Hester 21.3 KR, 17.8 PR, 45 rush yards, 1 INT K Jon Peattie 9-13 FG 16-16 XP OWLS (10.5 ppg, 49.5 pag) QB Mike McGann 741 yards 43% 1 TD 9 INT RB Umar Ferguson 412 yards 3.6 avg 3 TD WR Bruce Gordon 21 receptions 300 yards 0 TD WR Brian Allbrooks 16 receptions 212 yards 1 TD LB Manuel Tapia 58 tackles, 1.5 for loss DE Mike Mendenhall 33 tackles, 3 sacks KR Michael Billops 17.6 KR 148 rush yards K Ryan Lux 2-2 FG 7-8 XP
When Miami has the ball…
OL Anthony Wollschlager vs. DT Antwon Burton
Wollschlager (6-4/280) is excited for the matchup against Burton (6-3/315). Burton is considered a scrapper in the middle and comes off the ball well for a big guy. Wollschlager is the lightest of the Miami offensive lineman and will get a chance to go 1-on-1 against Burton. If Wollschlager can win that battle, look for the Hurricanes to run well against the Owls.
When Temple has the ball…
QB Mike McGann vs. SS Brandon Meriweather
McGann has nine interceptions on the season and Meriweather is tied for the team-lead with two for the Hurricanes. Look for Meriweather to have his eyes on McGann as he seeks out his third interception of the season. McGann will need to spread the ball around on offense to be effective against the 'Canes.
· CB Kelly Jennings - Probable, shoulder
· TE Buck Ortega - Probable, ankle
· WR Darnell Jenkins - Questionable, ankle
· OL Andrew Bain - Questionable, shoulder
· OL Cyrim Wimbs - Questionable, ankle
· DE Bryan Pata - Out, knee
· CB Randy Phillips - Out, knee
· LB Darryl Sharpton - Out, knee
· LB Tavares Gooden - Out, shoulder
· FS Anthony Reddick - Out for season, ACL
· DT Teraz McCray - Out for season, ACL
· CB Glenn Sharpe - Out for season, ACL
· CB Carlos Armour - Out for season, ACL
NEXT GAME - October 22 vs Georgia Tech
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org