· DATE: Saturday, October 29 TIME: 12:00 noon TV: ESPN 2
· The Miami Hurricanes have been dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Wilma which hit South Florida late Sunday night and left over three million residents without power.
· The Hurricanes will be wearing 1967 throwback uniforms which feature gold helmets, green jerseys, and gold pants.
· Miami trails the all-time series 5-3.
· Last season, the Hurricanes lost 31-28 in Chapel Hill on a 42-yard field goal by Connor Barth as time expired. Miami came into the game with a 6-0 record and was ranked 4th in the nation. North Carolina outgained Miami on the ground 279-77 and was led by Chad Scott who rushed for 175 yards on 25 carries.
QB #3 Kyle Wright LT #74 Eric Winston RB #30 Tyrone Moss LG #68 Tyler McMeans FB #23 Quadtrine Hill C #78 Anthony Wollschlager WR #85 Ryan Moore RG #61 Tony Tella WR #83 Sinorice Moss RT #64 Rashad Butler TE #82 Greg OlsenOther Key Players: QB Kirby Freeman, RB Derron Thomas, RB Charlie Jones, RB Andrew Johnson, FB James Bryant, WR Lance Leggett, WR Akieem Jolla, CB Devin Hester, OL Derrick Morse, OL Andrew Bain
Keep your eye on: Wright, who suffered a sprained thumb on his throwing hand in Miami's last game on October 15.
LE #90 Thomas Carroll CB #22 Kelly Jennings LT #98 Baraka Atkins CB #24 Marcus Maxey RT #92 Orien Harris FS #1 Kenny Phillips RE #94 Eric Moncur SS #19 Brandon Meriweather WLB #2 Jon Beason MLB #51 Romeo Davis SLB #50 Roger McIntoshOther Key Players: DE Calais Campbell, DE Javon Nanton, DT Kareem Brown, LB Leon Williams, LBGlenn Cook, LB Willie Williams, CB Devin Hester, SS Greg Threat
Keep your eye on: Brown, who has been very steady throughout the season and is poised to make a big-time play.
HURRICANES (29.8 ppg, 10.0 pag) QB Kyle Wright 1272 yards 58% 10 TD 5 INT RB Tyrone Moss 480 yards 4.5 avg 8 TD WR Sinorice Moss 18 receptions 379 yards 3 TD TE Greg Olsen 21 receptions 312 yards 3 TD LB Roger McIntosh 46 tackles, 2 sacks SS Brandon Meriweather 62 tackles, 2 interceptions KR Devin Hester 21.3 KR, 17.3 PR 1 TD K Jon Peattie 9-14 FG 20-21 XP TAR HEELS (18.2 ppg, 26.0 pag) QB Matt Baker 1327 yards 53% 7 TD 9 INT RB Barrington Edwards 316 yards 3.7 avg 2 TD WR Jesse Holley 21 receptions 307 yards 1 TD WR Mike Mason 12 receptions 244 yards 0 TD LB Tommy Richardson 53 tackles, 5.5 for loss CB Cedrick Holt 32 tackles, 2 interceptions KR Brandon Tate 32.2 KR 1 TD, 9.2 PR K Connor Barth 3-11 FG 14-14 XP
When Miami has the ball…
RB Tyrone Moss vs LB Tommy Richardson
Moss (5-9/220) needs to have a strong game for the 'Canes to be successful. Last year, Miami only rushed for 77 yards and will need to be more productive on first down. Moss will need to get by North Carolina's leading tackler Tommy Richardson (6-2/230). Richardson, a senior from Miami, Fla., had seven tackles in the game last year against the 'Canes. He will be looked on to make the big tackles in today's game.
When North Carolina has the ball…
QB Matt Baker vs. Miami Secondary
If the Tar Heels are going to be successful on offense they will need to get some yards in the air. Baker is averaging 221 yards per game, but Miami is only allowing a nation-best 127 yards per game. Seniors Kelly Jennings and Marcus Maxey have plenty of speed at the cornerback spots with Brandon Meriweather handling the vocal duties at safety.
· QB Kyle Wright - Probable, thumb
· WR Darnell Jenkins - Probable, ankle
· OL Cyrim Wimbs - Probable, ankle
· CB Randy Phillips - Questionable, knee
· DE Bryan Pata - Doubtful, knee
· LB Darryl Sharpton - Doubtful, knee
· LB Tavares Gooden - Out, shoulder
· FS Anthony Reddick - Out for season, ACL
· DT Teraz McCray - Out for season, ACL
· CB Glenn Sharpe - Out for season, ACL
· CB Carlos Armour - Out for season, ACL
NEXT GAME - November 5 at #3 Virgina Tech (8-0, 5-0)
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at email@example.com