"This was a good day today. Obviously it is a beautiful day in South Florida. The players ran around well and the execution was good on offense. We caught the ball well. I'm excited about the week thus far and we're getting guys healthy. Guys are getting ready to play."
· RB Tyrone Moss practiced today after being held back yesterday in what Coker called a "good move".
· KR Devin Hester has just six offensive touches (5 rush, 1 reception) in seven games. Last week he "might have played a few snaps on defense" according to Coker. When Coker was asked if he could see him getting more touches on offense down the stretch he responded,
"Yeah I could see that. I think we can utilize his speed some. Again, you have to have a feel for the game. Tyrone ran so well (last week) and you don't want to have him cool off too much. He has just gotten better as the game and season wears on. Again, that is why we played him so muchm, but Devin did get some touches. I don't think we can play Devin too much. I really don't, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 times he touches it, that is not bad. I'd like to get to that level with him."
· DE Javon Nanton leads the team with six sacks and understands his role on the team. He is ready to make a big play whenever his number is called. Hopefully, he makes a big play in the game Saturday.
· CB Randy Phillips is expected to play a large role in the game Saturday. He is still wearing a heavy knee brace. His interception and return last week should help him build confidence heading into Virginia Tech. He still does not have the full range of motion in his knee and it will be interesting to see how well he can cut when guarding his receiver.
· Former Hurricanes D.J. Williams and Chris Myers were at practice today. Both players currently play for the Denver Broncos and have a bye this week.
· DE Bryan Pata is expected to play Saturday, but it is still unsure how well he will be able to move due to his knee injury.
· DE Eric Moncur suffered a concussion last game and did not have pads on today.
· DT Dwayne Hendricks is out with an elbow injury and it appears he will miss the rest of the season although there has been no official word to confirm that.
· LB Tavares Gooden (shoulder) and LB Darryl Sharpton (knee) are still slowed by injuries.
· DT Teraz McCray would like to play this year if he is back healthy after recovering from an ACL injury although there is no defined timetable for his return.
· FS Anthony Reddick, CB Glenn Sharpe, and CB Carlos Armour are not practicing and are still recovering from ACL injuries. All three are expected to miss the 2005 season and will be eligible to redshirt this year.
Wednesday, November 3, at 3:20 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org