"This was a good day. Guys had a good day today."
· RB Charlie Jones will be the starting tailback after Tyrone Moss suffered a torn ACL. Jones has rushed for 229 yards and one touchdown this season averaging 3.9 yards per carry.
· OL Anthony Wollschlager was named the ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week for his performance against Virginia Tech. Wollschlager graded out at 85/79/97 (performance/technique/effort) while recording eight pancakes and 14 metrorails. "It was just an effort game for me," Wollschlager said. "I just went out there and gave a lot of effort."
· RB Derron Thomas is staying positive and waiting for his opportunity to receive meaningful carries. With Moss out, Jones (Derron's roommate) takes over the starting role.
· LB Willie Williams is adapting to his role and is just excited to "hunt for his prey" when he gets his chance. He's ready to contribute at a moment's notice, but with the defense ranking number one in the country, his opportunities are rare.
· About 50 NFL scouts spent time watching game film and practice today. "It would motivate me if I was looking to be an NFL player," Coker said. This was originally expected to be an off week for the 'Canes and the coaches could have spent more time with them. They will be at practice tomorrow as well.
· RB Tyrone Moss suffered a torn ACL Saturday against Virginia Tech and is out of the season. Moss finishes the season with 701 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns while averaging 5.1 yards per carry.
· CB Devin Hester ran around better that Coker expected today, but is still questionable for the game Saturday.
· DT Dwayne Hendricks is out with an elbow injury and it appears he will miss the rest of the season although there has been no official word to confirm that.
· LB Darryl Sharpton (knee) is still slowed by injuries.
· LB Tavares Gooden (shoulder) will likely receive a medical redshirt this season and will have two years of eligibility remaining.
· FS Anthony Reddick, CB Glenn Sharpe, and CB Carlos Armour are not practicing and are still recovering from ACL injuries. All three are expected to miss the 2005 season and will be eligible to redshirt this year.
Wednesday, November 9, at 3:20 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org