"There's not many games left in the season and I told our guys 'We don't have any time to waste, let's see how good we can be'."
· Today's practice was not one of the best of the season. It will be important for the team to have a good one tomorrow although it is a scheduled lighter practice.
· DE Eric Moncur is the likely candidate to start for Pata if he is unable to go on Saturday. Moncur has two tackles for loss and one sack on the season.
· CB Randy Phillips has been the first-team cornerback opposite of Maxey this week with the injuries to Jennings and Hester. If Jennings is unable to play Phillips, a freshman, would start. He suffered a knee injury earlier in the season and is still wearing a heavy brace. After the Wake Forest game, the brace comes off.
· About 50 NFL scouts spent time watching game film and practice again today.
· CB Kelly Jennings (concussion) is still being protected. "He is fine. If we played today he could play. We just want to be smart with him."
· DE Bryan Pata (knee) is day-to-day according to Coker. "He is struggling some and is not getting around as well as I hoped he would. We'll see how he is tomorrow. I still don't feel comfortable with him playing if we played today." With this news, Pata has to be considered questionable for Wake Forest.
· CB Devin Hester (hamstring) is considered doubtful for Saturday's game against Wake Forest. "I don't feel good about Devin."
· DT Dwayne Hendricks is out with an elbow injury and he could miss the rest of the season.
· LB Darryl Sharpton is still slowed by a knee injury.
· LB Tavares Gooden (shoulder) will likely receive a medical redshirt this season and will have two years of eligibility remaining. Gooden hurt his shoulder in the season opener against Florida State.
· RB Tyrone Moss suffered a torn ACL Saturday against Virginia Tech and is out of the season. Moss finishes the season with 701 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns while averaging 5.1 yards per carry.
· FS Anthony Reddick, CB Glenn Sharpe, and CB Carlos Armour are not practicing and are still recovering from ACL injuries. All three are expected to miss the 2005 season and will be eligible to redshirt this year.
Thursday, November 10, at 3:20 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org