"This game is just as important as the last one we played. I think our players know that. This is Wake Forest's last game. As they've said, it's their bowl game and Senior Day at home. We have to be at our best."
· RB Charlie Jones looked "the same as he has every week" according to Coker. Jones will make the first start of his career Saturday. He rushed for 97 yards last week against Virginia Tech and has rushed for 254 yards in his career on 64 carries (4.0 yards per carry).
· When asked if Coker plans to use RB Derron Thomas and RB Andrew Johnson along with Jones, he responded, "I probably will, probably."
· WR Darnell Jenkins will be primary kick returner for the 'Canes this week. Jenkins leads the team with five returns and is averaging 19.6 yards per return. Jenkins is also expected to take on the role as the punt returner as well. "His role is definitely elevated in kickoff returns and punt returns," Coker said.
· CB Kelly Jennings (concussion) is still being protected from practice. He is considered questionable for Saturday's game againt Wake Forest.
· DE Bryan Pata (knee) is considered doubtful for Saturday's game against Wake Forest. "He probably will not play."
· CB Devin Hester (hamstring) is considered doubtful for Saturday's game against Wake Forest. "Devin Hester probably will not play."
· DT Dwayne Hendricks is out with an elbow injury and he could miss the rest of the season.
· LB Darryl Sharpton is still slowed by a knee injury. If he does not return to the field this season, he is eligible for a medical redshirt after playing in only three games.
· LB Tavares Gooden (shoulder) will likely receive a medical redshirt this season and will have two years of eligibility remaining. Gooden hurt his shoulder in the season opener against Florida State.
· RB Tyrone Moss had surgery today after suffering a torn ACL Saturday against Virginia Tech and is out of the season. Moss finishes the season with 701 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns while averaging 5.1 yards per carry.
· FS Anthony Reddick, CB Glenn Sharpe, and CB Carlos Armour are not practicing and are still recovering from ACL injuries. All three are expected to miss the 2005 season and will be eligible to redshirt this year.
Tuesday, November 15, at 3:20 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at email@example.com