· DATE: Saturday, November 12 TIME: 3:30 p.m. TV: ABC
· Miami leads the all-time series, 4-3
· Last season, the Hurricanes defeated the Demon Deacons 52-7 in the Orange Bowl. Brock Berlin and Derrick Crudup combined for a season-high 424 passing yards in the game while completing 19-of-27 passes.
· The game was originally supposed to be played on November 17, but was moved up due to Hurricane Wilma.
QB #3 Kyle Wright LT #74 Eric Winston RB #34 Charlie Jones LG #68 Tyler McMeans FB #23 Quadtrine Hill C #78 Anthony Wollschlager WR #85 Ryan Moore RG #61 Tony Tella WR #83 Sinorice Moss RT #64 Rashad Butler TE #82 Greg OlsenOther Key Players: QB Kirby Freeman, RB Derron Thomas, RB Andrew Johnson, WR Lance Leggett, WR Darnell Jenkins, OL Reggie Youngblood, OL Derrick Morse
Keep your eye on: Thomas, who can score from any point on the field. He has great speed and burst through the hole and if Jones is struggling Thomas could provide the team with a lift.
LE #94 Eric Moncur CB #22 Kelly Jennings LT #98 Baraka Atkins CB #24 Marcus Maxey RT #92 Orien Harris FS #1 Kenny Phillips RE #90 Thomas Carroll SS #19 Brandon Meriweather WLB #2 Jon Beason MLB #51 Romeo Davis SLB #50 Roger McIntoshOther Key Players: DE Javon Nanton, DE Calais Campbell, DT Kareem Brown, LB Leon Williams, LB Glenn Cook, LB Willie Williams, SS Greg Threat, CB Randy Phillips, CB Bruce Johnson
Keep your eye on: Randy Phillips, who will have a larger role with Hester expected to be out. Phillips (6-0, 185) is wearing a knee brace and is still working on his ability to cover.
HURRICANES (30.0 ppg, 10.4 pag) QB Kyle Wright 1529 yards 59% 11 TD 9 INT RB Charlie Jones 229 yards 3.9 avg 1 TD WR Sinorice Moss 24 receptions 426 yards 3 TD TE Greg Olsen 26 receptions 371 yards 3 TD LB Roger McIntosh 69 tackles, 4 sacks SS Brandon Meriweather 78 tackles, 2 interceptions KR Darnell Jenkins 19.6 KR, 13.5 PR K Jon Peattie 11-16 FG 27-28 XP DEMON DEACONS (25.2 ppg, 26.9 pag) QB Cory Randolph 706 yards 67% 5 TD 2 INT RB Chris Barclay 1022 yards 5.4 avg 9 TD RB Micah Andrews 621 yards 5.6 avg 1 TD WR Nate Morton 38 receptions 460 yards 2 TD FS Josh Gattis 66 tackles, 5 INT, 2 TD LB Jon Abbate 64 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 INT KR Kevin Marion 18.6 KR K Sam Swank 18-22 FG 27-27 XP
When Miami has the ball…
QB Kyle Wright vs. FS Josh Gattis
Wright (6-4/220) will be looking to expose a Wake Forest pass defense that ranks 90th in the country allowing 246 yards per game. Wright has not thrown for over 200 yards in three straight games. Gattis (6-1/210) is tied for second in the nation with five interceptions and leads the team in tackles. Gattis, a junior, has had the knack for making the big play throughout his career with seven interceptions, four fumble recoveries, four forced fumbles.
When Wake Forest has the ball…
RB Chris Barclay vs. LB Roger McIntosh
Barclay (5-10/180) is the leading rusher in the ACC averaging 114 yards per game. He is averaging 159 yards in Wake Forest's wins and 77 yards in the losses. He rushed for 57 yards on 18 carries last season against the Hurricanes. McIntosh (6-2/230) had a strong game last week against Virginia Tech and looks to continue it this week. McIntosh, a senior, leads the Miami linebackers in tackles for the second season in a row.
· CB Kelly Jennings - Questionable, concussion
· DE Bryan Pata - Doubtful, knee
· CB Devin Hester - Out, hamstring
· DT Dwayne Hendricks - Out, elbow
· LB Darryl Sharpton - Out, knee
· RB Tyrone Moss - Out of season, ACL
· LB Tavares Gooden - Out for season, shoulder
· FS Anthony Reddick - Out for season, ACL
· CB Glenn Sharpe - Out for season, ACL
· CB Carlos Armour - Out for season, ACL
NEXT GAME - November 19 vs Georgia Tech, 7:45 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at email@example.com