The offense was in green jerseys, defense in white, and scout team in orange. It was confusing at first since scout team typically wears green and the offense generally wears white.
"Guys were a little bit tired today. We cut it back a little bit today because I want these guys to be rested. I think we will come out tomorrow a lot more fresh, crisp, and run around better. That is important for us."
"We have been on the road the last two weeks and had late nights. All in all, I think guys wanted to have a good practice. It is my responsibility now to get them in the best frame of mind to play well on Saturday. They will want to play well on Saturday."
· DE Javon Nanton played in too many plays in the start last week against Wake Forest according to Coker. He will not play in as many this week if Pata is unable to play. Calais Campbell and Eric Moncur are potential replacements for Pata.
· FS Kenny Phillips was injured in the second half against Georgia Tech, but is doing well in practice. If Phillips is unable to go on Saturday, Greg Threat or Lovon Ponder are available at the safety positions.
· OL Tyrone Byrd has been practicing at right tackle for the past weeks after starting the fall as the starting center. Byrd has played essentially every position on the offensive line since arriving in Coral Gables last fall.
· OL Alex Pou and A.J. Trump are the second-team centers and have been rotating with each other.
· LB Jon Beason had nine tackles last game and is looking towards another productive performance this week. Beason, the starting weakside linebacker, has 47 tackles on the season, which ranks fifth on the team.
· CB Randy Phillips is playing without his knee brace and has improved on his mobility in the past few weeks.
· CB Kelly Jennings was the most productive cornerback last season and he is very well on his way to that honor this season. He is known for his speed, quickness, intelligence, and character.
· The offensive line has improved their ability to be physical up front. It has been a big difference in the offensive success this season. Other than Tony Tella, who was injured prior to the season and didn't start the opener, nobody has missed a start on the offensive line.
· CB Carlos Armour practiced in full pads for the first time this season today. He tore his ACL in the spring and is expected to redshirt this season despite practicing.
"It is great to see him back out here," defensive backs coach Tim Walton said. "He is going to be ready to go for the spring when we have him back to full strength. Rehab has gone well, he has recovered good from the injury. He is a guy that worked extremely well on coming back."
"As of right now we probably won't use him this season," Walton added. "Unless something comes up, but it is late in the season."
· CB Devin Hester (hamstring) did not suit up today. "I do not feel good about Devin," Coker said. "He is rehabbing and we will see how the week progresses."
· DE Bryan Pata (knee) did not make the trip to Winston-Salem, N.C. last week and is in the same boat as Devin. He did have pads on today, but is still day-to-day although he is confident he will start on Saturday.
· DT Dwayne Hendricks is out with an elbow injury and he could miss the rest of the season.
· LB Darryl Sharpton is still slowed by a knee injury. If he does not return to the field this season, he is eligible for a medical redshirt after playing in only three games.
· LB Tavares Gooden (shoulder) will likely receive a medical redshirt this season and will have two years of eligibility remaining. Gooden hurt his shoulder in the season opener against FSU.
· RB Tyrone Moss is in a lot of pain after ACL surgery last week. His coaches and teammates have been trying to encourage him and see how he is doing.
· FS Anthony Reddick and CB Glenn Sharpe are not practicing and are still recovering from ACL injuries. However, they were at practice today watching.
Wednesday, November 16, at 3:20 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at email@example.com