"I was pleased with how guys practiced. They came out, flew around, and make plays. I really see guys working to get better."
"Guys were tired yesterday, but I saw improvement today. It was a very hot day when we first came out. We really encouraged them and guys practiced fast today."
"We haven't played our best game yet. We have two opportunities at home and I think our guys really want to play well at home. We worked that way today."
· Coker commented on the production of the wide receivers. "They are a big piece of the puzzle," Coker said. "If you are playing us I think you have to be concerned with that."
· K Jon Peattie missed two extra points last week and there was nothing wrong with the hold or snap according to Coker. "For an explanation or a reason, I have no idea why," Coker said. "Hopefully we will get it corrected." Peattie told Coker he rushed the kicks. He is a 11-of-16 on field goals for the season and 32-for-35 on extra points.
· WR Darnell Jenkins led the team with seven receptions last week against Wake Forest. "He is really starting to step up and he is a good football player," Coker said.
· S Willie Cooper made a nice interception today diving for the ball. Cooper, a sophomore, was switched back to safety during the season after being moved to linebacker in the spring.
· RB Charlie Jones showed a good burst through the hole today for a long gain. Jones will make his second career start this weekend.
· The Hurricanes will wear the Nike 'Revolution' jersey Saturday against Georgia Tech.
· CB Devin Hester (hamstring) remains doubtful for Saturday. Hester did not suit up today.
· DE Bryan Pata (knee) remains questionable for Saturday. He practiced some today and is "day-to-day" for Saturday.
· DT Dwayne Hendricks is out with an elbow injury and he could miss the rest of the season.
· LB Darryl Sharpton is still slowed by a knee injury. If he does not return to the field this season, he is eligible for a medical redshirt after playing in only three games. Sharpton does want to play this year.
· LB Tavares Gooden (shoulder) will likely receive a medical redshirt this season and will have two years of eligibility remaining. Gooden hurt his shoulder in the season opener against FSU.
· RB Tyrone Moss is in a lot of pain after ACL surgery last week. His coaches and teammates have been trying to encourage him and see how he is doing.
· FS Anthony Reddick and CB Glenn Sharpe are not practicing and are still recovering from ACL injuries. However, they were at practice today watching.
Thursday, November 17, at 3:20 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org