· DATE: Saturday, November 19 TIME: 7:45 p.m. TV: ESPN
· Miami trails the all-time series, 6-4
· Last season, the Hurricanes defeated the Yellow Jackets 27-3 in Atlanta. Miami passed for 224 yards while Georgia Tech rushed for 162 yards.
· The game was originally supposed to be played on October 22, but was moved back due to Hurricane Wilma.
· Miami will be wearing the new Nike 'Revolution' jerseys with green pants.
QB #3 Kyle Wright LT #74 Eric Winston RB #34 Charlie Jones LG #68 Tyler McMeans FB #23 Quadtrine Hill C #78 Anthony Wollschlager WR #85 Ryan Moore RG #61 Tony Tella WR #83 Sinorice Moss RT #64 Rashad Butler TE #82 Greg OlsenOther Key Players: QB Kirby Freeman, RB Derron Thomas, RB Andrew Johnson, WR Lance Leggett, WR Darnell Jenkins, OL Reggie Youngblood.
Keep your eye on: Leggett, who registered his career-high in receiving yards against Georgia Tech last year with 80.
LE #95 Bryan Pata CB #22 Kelly Jennings LT #98 Baraka Atkins CB #24 Marcus Maxey RT #92 Orien Harris FS #1 Kenny Phillips RE #90 Thomas Carroll SS #19 Brandon Meriweather WLB #2 Jon Beason MLB #51 Romeo Davis SLB #50 Roger McIntoshOther Key Players: DE Javon Nanton, DE Calais Campbell, DT Kareem Brown, DT Teraz McCray, LB Leon Williams, LB Glenn Cook, LB Willie Williams, SS Greg Threat, SS Lovon Ponder, CB Randy Phillips.
Keep your eye on: Beason, who registed a season-high nine tackles last week against Wake Forest.
HURRICANES (31.9 ppg, 11.1 pag) QB Kyle Wright 1848 yards 59% 16 TD 9 INT RB Charlie Jones 319 yards 4.3 avg 3 TD WR Sinorice Moss 26 receptions 491 yards 4 TD TE Greg Olsen 28 receptions 396 yards 4 TD LB Roger McIntosh 77 tackles, 4 sacks SS Brandon Meriweather 85 tackles, 3 interceptions KR Darnell Jenkins 19.6 KR, 11.0 PR K Jon Peattie 11-16 FG 32-35 XP YELLOW JACKETS (21.2 ppg, 19.9 pag) QB Reggie Ball 1593 yards 49% 9 TD 8 INT RB P. J. Daniels 744 yards 4.6 avg 3 TD WR Calvin Johnson 44 receptions 766 yards 5 TD WR Damarius Bilbo 32 receptions 445 yards 2 TD LB Gerris Wilkinson 67 tackles, 2 sacks DE Eric Henderson 21 tackles, 5 sacks KR Chris Woods 20.4 KR K Travis Bell 10-17 FG 23-23 XP
When Miami has the ball…
RB Charlie Jones vs. LB Gerris Wilkinson
Jones (5-10/205) has rushed for 187 yards and three touchdowns in the last two games after the injury to Tyrone Moss. Jones has showed good speed through the holes and burst to the outside. Wilkinson (6-4/230) leads the Yellow Jackets in tackles after leading the team last year with 119. He is best known for attacking the run and has average pass coverage skills.
When Wake Forest has the ball…
WR Calvin Johnson vs. CB Kelly Jennings/CB Marcus Maxey
Johnson (6-4/230) gives teams all kind of matchup problems with his size and athletic ability. He has the unique ability to catch any ball thrown his way. In his two-year career Johnson has 12 touchdown receptions and has caught 92 passes. Miami's top cornerback Kelly Jennings (6-0/175) has great speed and quickness, but it is patience that seperates him from other top-tier corners. Maxey (6-2/195) is a physical specimen who can run or jump with anyone, however he has a tendency to get beat inside on slant patterns.
· DE Bryan Pata - Probable, knee
· LB Willie Williams - Questionable, hamstring
· CB Devin Hester - Out, hamstring
· DT Dwayne Hendricks - Out, elbow
· LB Darryl Sharpton - Out, knee
· RB Tyrone Moss - Out of season, ACL
· LB Tavares Gooden - Out for season, shoulder
· FS Anthony Reddick - Out for season, ACL
· CB Glenn Sharpe - Out for season, ACL
· CB Carlos Armour - Out for season, ACL
NEXT GAME - November 26 vs Virginia
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at email@example.com