"We had a lot of energy today on defense and offense. We got better as a football team today. I was very encouraged and I have liked what I have seen. I just told our players to do whatever they have to do to get better this week."
· DT Baraka Atkins weighs 280 pounds and is doing well this season on the interior line. His versatility will help him for the NFL Draft if he elects to leave early.
· OL Tyler McMeans will play his final game in the Orange Bowl Saturday and according to Coker, will "get a look in the NFL". Not exactly a glowing recommendation from the head coach, but he did note that McMeans is still relatively new to the game of football.
· OL A.J. Trump is getting a lot of mention from his teammats and coaches, which should excite Hurricane fans considering four starting lineman will be departing. Trump has been playing center and guard this season.
· RB Charlie Jones played too much against Georgia Tech according to Coker. This is good news for RB Derron Thomas and RB Andrew Johnson. Look for them to get their carries early in the game this week as opposed to late in fourth after the game has been decided.
· WR Ryan Moore has recorded back-to-back 75+ yard games for the first time in his career. In the previous two games Moore has seven catches for 165 yards.
· WR Darnell Jenkins is also coming off a strong two-game output when he recorded seven or more touches in back-to-back games for the first time in his career. Against Georgia Tech, Jenkins returned four punts, two kickoffs, and made one catch.
· K Jon Peattie needs just four points to pass RB Tyrone Moss as the team leader in scoring. If he surpasses the injured Moss, it would be his third straight season leading the team in scoring. Carlos Huerta (1988-91) is the only person in school history to lead the team in scoring four years.
· CB Devin Hester (hamstring) is expected to play on Saturday after missing the last two games. "I don't know how much he will be able to do on Saturday. We'll see as the week progresses."
· LB Willie Williams (hamstring) did not practice today and remains questionable for the game on Saturday after not playing last week.
· DE Thomas Carroll suffered a concussion in the game on Saturday and was held out of contact drills today. He is expected to play this weekend. "I definitely expect him to play, but the doctors have to release him," Coker said.
· LB Darryl Sharpton is still slowed by a knee injury. If he does not return to the field this season, he is eligible for a medical redshirt after playing in only three games. Sharpton does want to play this year.
· RB Tyrone Moss is back on campus with the team after having blood clots after his ACL surgery. Everything is fine with Moss, but there was a cause of concern at the time.
· FS Anthony Reddick (ACL), CB Glenn Sharpe (ACL), LB Tavares Gooden (shoulder), and DT Dwayne Hendricks (elbow) are not practicing and are not expected to play the remainder of the season.
Wednesday, November 23, at 3:20 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org