Ten players graduated today and went through the graduation ceremonies.
"This was our first day back and we started preparation for LSU. It was a good start for us today."
"The initials BCS doesn't mean anything. You have two teams with two losses in the Fiesta Bowl and we have two teams with two losses in our game. You have Oregon with one loss and they aren't in a BCS game. I think the quality of the opponent is the key and other than the national championship we have the game, I believe."
· Devin Hester was working primarily with the offense today and Coker was asked whether he is permanently on offense. "He is a mystery," Coker responded. "Devin is back and forth. We have used him some on offense and we like to have in the orange jersey for quarterbacks to take a look at. He will definitely have an offensive package."
· There are a number of players thinking about leaving early for the NFL and Coker offered his thoughts on whether or not a strong performance could vault them into the draft. "I think more of their draft status will determine their decision more than the game."
· WR Ryan Moore is a player that is draft eligible and is considering leaving. Coker responded, "Oh yeah, definitely, without question" when asked whether or not he should return for his final season. "If he wants to come back and get drafted as a higher entity, there is no question he should come back."
· WR Akieem Jolla was not at practice and will transfer. Nobody has asked for a release, but he is expected to be granted one according to Coker. He will not play in the bowl game.
· LB Willie Williams was a player that was pointed out as running around well in practice specifically since he was injured at the end of the regular season. At this time his role is expected to stay the same, but the coaching staff has routinely liked to play guys in the bowl game in preparation for the next season.
· There are rumors out there about players not being eligible for the bowl game. "I expect them to be eligible," Coker said. "We have some final grades still coming in and will find out more as the week progresses."
Friday, December 16, at 3:00 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at email@example.com