"This was a good day today. Guys had a lot of fun. We did a lot of one-on-one stuff. The only thing is we try to protect each other."
"There is a reason LSU won 10 games and played for the SEC championship game. They are an outstanding team and we will have to be at our best to win the game."
· This is a big recruiting weekend for the Hurricanes as a number of players are visiting. "They come out and watch us and think 'do I want to be a part of this or do I not want to be a part of this," Coker said.
· Devin Hester will primarily play on offense in the bowl game at running back and wide receiver. If Hester returns for next season the coaches have told him he will receive 20-25 touches per game.
· CB Kelly Jennings was held out of practice due to an ankle injury he suffered at the end of practice yesterday. He could return to practice as soon as Monday.
· QB Kyle Wright has been throwing the ball according to Coker which attributes to soild pass protection.
· The offense has been less than impressive all season and would like to end on a good note in the final game of the season. Coker was asked if the offense had anything to prove. "I hope they do. I don't know if we have anything to prove. They definitely need to be efficient and do what they have to do to win the game. If its to score 50 or to kick a field goal, we need to do what we need to do to win the game."
· FS Anthony Reddick (ACL), CB Glenn Sharpe (ACL), LB Tavares Gooden (shoulder), RB Tyrone Moss> (ACL), RB George Timmons (leg) and DT Dwayne Hendricks (elbow) are not expected to play in the bowl game.
Saturday, December 17, at 2:00 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org