"This is a great place to play. The turf is fast and we practiced fast today. Guys were excited to practice and really ran around well. They seem to be anxious to play. We just need to save it for Friday night.
· WR Ryan Moore was not at practice because he has been suspended by Coker for a violation of team policy. He will not make the trip or play in the game on Friday. He finishes the 2005 season with 28 catches, 464 yards receiving, and four touchdowns with a 16.6 yards per catch average.
"It is real disappointing," Coker said. "Mainly for him. We have good players here and we will be fine. I am real disappointed for Ryan because I think he has had a good year. I think he really raised his level of play.
When Coker was asked if Moore, who has been contemplating leaving early for the NFL Draft, is expected to return to the team, Coker responded, "Oh definitely."
Coker would not comment on the specifics of the violations.
· There have been rumors of academic eligiblity, but according to Coker all of the players at practice are eligible to play in the game on Friday "unless something comes from left field or Mars between now and the game," Coker said.
· The team is down to four wide receivers to play in the game with Sinorice Moss, Lance Leggett, Darnell Jenkins, and Khalil Jones.
· WR Lance Leggett is expected to start at the split end position for Moore at this time, but Jenkins is also a possibility although he is a flanker on the depth chart.
· Richard Gordon, a UM commit, was around the program in December at practice, but is unable to practice with the team for the bowl game like in years past based on a new NCAA rule that prohibits players from doing so. It is still undecided what position, tight end or defensive end, Gordon will play at UM.
· LSU QB JaMarcus Russell did not make trip to Atlanta and will not play in the Peach Bowl. Sophomore Matt Flynn will start in his place. Flynn has completed 14 passes for 261 yards with five touchdowns and one interception.
"The thing I see with the backup playing that is different from the SEC game is that he has had a month of practice as being the starter. He is not the backup any more, he is the starter. In the SEC Championship Game, he had no time as a starter, basically. That is a big difference. My feedback is that they feel confident with him."
· FS Anthony Reddick (ACL), CB Glenn Sharpe (ACL), LB Tavares Gooden (shoulder), RB Tyrone Moss (ACL), WR Terrell Walden (knee), RB George Timmons (leg) and DT Dwayne Hendrinks (leg) will not play in the bowl game.
Tuesday, December 27, at 2:00 p.m. at the Georgia Dome
Christopher Stock is a Senior Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org