"Our guys have done a great job. They are having a lot of fun. Bottom line is they want to win this football game. They know they have a challenge and we have to play our best, but that is what it is all about."
"We are in as mint condition as we can be. They are probably too. We had a pretty physical practice yesterday, but this is a Thursday practice for us."
· Devin Hester is still expected to handle the kickoff and punt return duties despite having a larger role on offense. Darnell Jenkins and Sinorice Moss are two other players who could see opportunities in the return game as well.
· LSU has the SEC Special Teams Player of the Year in Skyler Green. Green is averaging 13.6 yards per punt return including a 66-yard touchdown. He is also averaging 19.7 yards per kickoff return. Miami does not intend to kick away from Green instead they will punt to him and utilize their speed on their coverage units.
· RB Charlie Jones is looking to have a strong performance much like the last two starting running backs for Miami had in a bowl game including a MVP performance by Jarrett Payton in the 2004 Orange Bowl. Payton stated he had a lot of burst heading into the game after a month break from games. Coker commented if he has seen the same type of performance by Jones this past month,
"I don't know if I have seen a different kind of burst, but he really looks good. I remember last year we played him, but we probably didn't play him enough. Boy did he look quick last year. He is running the ball with a lot of confidence and we just have to give him some places to go. It is not going to be easy because their front seven are pretty good. It is going to be some tough yardage and we have to try to get some first downs. And Charlie can do that."
· OL Dave Howell has been granted a release by Larry Coker and his destination is unknown at this time.
· OL Eric Winston, WR Sinorice Moss, and CB Kelly Jennings are scheduled to go to the Senior Bowl.
· DT Orien Harris may go to the Senior Bowl or the East-West game.
· LB Roger McIntosh is headed to the East-West game.
· LB Leon Williams, FB Quadtrine Hill, and SS Greg Threat are headed to the Las Vegas game.
· DE Javon Nanton is headed to Hawaii to play in a senior all-star game.
· WR Ryan Moore (suspension), FS Anthony Reddick (ACL), CB Glenn Sharpe (ACL), LB Tavares Gooden (shoulder), RB Tyrone Moss (ACL), WR Terrell Walden (knee), RB George Timmons (leg) and DT Dwayne Hendrinks (leg) will not play in the bowl game.
Thursday, December 29, at 2:00 p.m. at the Georgia Dome
Christopher Stock is a Senior Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org