"The scrimmage on Saturday, I think was good. The defense really flew around and made a lot of plays. I really liked the safeties and linebackers."
"Today we did a lot of mental work on corrections and those kind of things. We are coming along and we need to keep moving along because this was practice number eight. This is an important week for us and we have to finish up strong next week."
• DT Kareem Brown and DT Teraz McCray earned praise from Coker for their performances in the scrimmage. Both players have combined to play in 51 games in their careers, but have just three starts (all by Brown).
• The team has implemented "quite a bit" of their offense already this spring according to Coker. There will be several more things they want to look at, but they have gotten a number of things already in place.
• WR Ryan Moore is not expected to practice this week after suffering a pulled upper leg muscle. Today was his second straight practice missed and they hope to get him back next week.
• With Moore hurt there is just three scholarship receivers on the roster and punter Brian Monroe has done a lot of work at receiver this spring.
• LB Willie Williams missed his fourth straight practie to an apparent illness accorinding to Coker. "It's amazing, when you don't practice you don't get better," Coker said. "Willie has a lot of ability, but he just needs to get some school of the defensive scheme." Williams was at practice on Saturday, but was sent home by the trainer with an 102-degree temperature.
• DE Rhyan Anderson had shoulder surgery yesterday and will miss the rest of the spring. He is expected to be back this fall.
• The Hurricanes will return to the practice field tomorrow at 3:20 p.m., but is closed to the public.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org