"Coming off a scrimamge and a couple days off it seemed to me a bit sluggish. But we got a lot of things done today. Tomorrow we will be in pads and we have to be in short on Friday then the Orange Bowl on Saturday. I just encourage the guys that we had a great spring and to finish up good. Let's take care of each other and end this thing on a positive note."
"Defensively we are very, very fast and we are really shutting down the run. There are some things we need to shore up in the secondary against the passing game, but we did shut down the run pretty nicely."
• WR Ryan Moore returned to practice after missing the last five days to an upper leg muscle pull. He ran around better than expected and should be ready to go in pads tomorrow. "He was doing really well" before he got hurt according to Coker.
• OL Andrew Bain and OL Reggie Youngblood were praised for their performance in the scrimmage. Both players are playing on the left side of the ball with Youngblood at tackle and Bain at guard as they prepare to for their first year as starters.
• WR Darnell Jenkins still remains out with an ankle injury and isn't expected to return this spring.
• The run defense continues to impress the coaching staff and it is "very, very hard to run against our defense," said Coker.
• TE Chris Zellner returned to practice after an ankle injury that kept him out about a week.
• After three weeks of spring practices there hasn't been a lot of shakeups on the depth chart or with position changes. It will be interesting to see how the staff reacts after the spring game when they look back on spring practices.
• TE DajLeon Farr is not practicing this spring as he recovers from shoulder surgery, but said he is up to 250 pounds now after arriving on campus in the fall at 230. The added weight should help Farr in blocking.
• The Hurricanes will return to the practice field tomorrow at 3:20 p.m., but is closed to the public.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at email@example.com