"We had a pretty long practice today. It was a good workout for us."
• Former Hurricanes and current NFL stars Ed Reed and Reggie Wayne, were at practice. Reed, the 2004 NFL Defensive Player of the Year, and Wayne, who signed a large contract with the Colts in February, have always returned to the University of Miami campus in the off-season.
• A number of alumni will be back this weekend and are expected to be at Friday's practice as well as the spring game on Saturday.
• The running backs, Charlie Jones, Andrew Johnson, and Derron Thomas, had a productive day running the ball and in pass protection. "I am encouraged by that and without question, they continue to get better," Coker said.
• WR Ryan Moore was back in full pads today and is expected to participate in the spring game.
• CB Glenn Sharpe, an expected starter in 2006, will be held out of the spring game as a precautionary due to recovering from an ACL injury.
• P Brian Monroe is no longer the team's holder on placekicks as walk-on quarterback Matt Perrelli has held that honor all spring.
• WR Terrell Walden is a candidate in the return game handling punt return and kickoff return duties.
• The Hurricanes will return to the practice field Friday at 3:20 p.m., but is closed to the public.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org