· Miami captured its 13th consecutive NCAA Regional championship by winning its 10th consecutive regional game. The Hurricanes are making their 34th straight appearance in the NCAA Tournament. The Hurricanes improved to 39-21 on the year
· 2B Jemile Weeks was named the Most Outstanding Player in the NCAA Lincoln Regional by hitting .583 (7-for-12) with four doubles, four RBIs and eight runs scored. He also drew three walks and added a sacrifice. His on-base percentage in three regional games was an outstanding .667
· OF Jon Jay provided similar production to Weeks, joining him on the All-Regional Team. Jay notched four RBIs in a 3-for-5 performance at the plate in the championship game. He finished the tournament hitting .545 (6-for-11) with six RBIs and four runs scored. He added three walks to finish with on-base percentage of .643 in three regional games
· Six Hurricanes earned spots on the NCAA Lincoln Regional All-Tournament Team, including Jemile Weeks (Most Outstanding Player), Eddy Rodriguez, Jon Jay, Eddy Rodriguez, Roger Tomas and Danny Valencia
· Miami's 9-1-2-3 hitters (Blake Tekotte, Jemile Weeks, Tommy Giles, Jon Jay) combined to go 11-for-17 with nine RBIs and eight runs scored in the championship game
· LHP Scott Maine improved to 11-3 on the season by tossing a complete game in just 97 pitches. Maine allowed just three earned runs on six hits. It was the first complete-game victory by a Miami hurler since June 12, 2004 when Cesar Carillo defeated Florida
· As a team, Miami hit .342 (38-for-111) with 12 extra-base hits, including three homers, one triple and eight doubles. The Canes also drew 14 walks in three contests
· Four Hurricane hitters batted .385 or better in the Lincoln Regional, including Jemile Weeks (.583), Jon Jay (.545), Blake Tekotte (.444) and Tommy Giles (.385)
· Miami outscored its opponents 29-8 in its three NCAA Lincoln Regional games, winning all three games by at least six runs (11-2 vs. San Francisco, 8-2 vs. Manhattan, 10-4 vs. Manhattan).
Canes Advance to the Super Regionals
Canes Time Top Stories
Lead Gift for Indoor Facility AnnouncedCORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami announced today the largest donation in the history of the Department of Athletics as the lead gift for a state-of-the-art football…
Canes TimeYesterday at 8:00 PM
Miami's New 'Legend Of The U' UniformsThe University of Miami unveiled new uniforms for the the football program that resemble the team's looks from the 1980s and 1990s.
Canes TimeTuesday at 7:44 PM
UM Unveils New “Legend of the U” UniformsCORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The University of Miami and adidas today unveiled the Hurricanes' new ‘Legend of the U’ Primeknit football uniforms, which will make their debut on Oct. 8…
Canes TimeSunday at 9:37 PM
Mike's Analysis: App State GameMiami improved to 3-0 with a 45-10 win over App State yesterday. Read on for a full game analysis from CanesTime's Mike Bakas.
Canes TimeSunday at 6:15 PM