"We kind of pieced together some practice today. We used some of the indoor facility today and went to the gym. The offense was able at the end of practice to go outside and do some things. This is a very short week so we have to get a lot done in a hurry. I did instruct our players that this is a short week and Florida State is over. All discussions on Florida State are over for myself and for the players."
• RB Tyrone Moss "might" play this week according to Coker. "I would like to see him run around tomorrow an see how he moves," he said. "We might hold him for a couple of weeks until the open date. I want to see how he progresses. He wants to play, but I want to make sure he is healthy and ready to play." Moss practiced today.
• RB Javarris James will "definitely" get an extensive look against FAMU according to Coker.
• The offensive line was not responsible for all three sacks according to Coker. At least one of the sacks was due to a pass protection breakdown by a running back. "We were much better on the offensive line this year," Coker said. "We had very few mental mistakes and they were well coached. There was definitely progress there."
• OL Jason Fox did not receive additional help blocking from a tight end or H-back on his side of the line once. Fox will start again versus FAMU "without question."
• This season, the defense has set a goal of getting four defensive touchdowns for the year.
• OL Reggie Youngblood did not participate in practice due to an ankle injury and is questionable for the game this Saturday. Youngblood wore a boot today. Chris Rutledge will likely start if Youngblood cannot play.
David Lake can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org