Miami rushed for 339 yards against Florida A&M en route to a 51-10 victory.
Three running backs found the endzone as Charlie Jones and Javarris James scored twice. Tyrone Moss made his season debut and scored as well.
Derron Thomas led the way with a career-high 109 yards on 11 carries. Through two games, Thomas leads the team in rushing despite not playing in the first game.
Miami (1-1) travels to Louisville (2-0) on Saturday. Louisville leads the country in points per game (60.5) and total offense (651 yards/game).
Miami defeated Louisville 41-38 in their last meeting in 2004.
• WR Rashaun Jones and LB James Bryant were not at the game last night as they still have academic issues to work out. Coker hopes to have them back this week against Louisville as they are key special teams performers. Neither player played in the opener.
• OL Tyrone Byrd had arthroscopic knee surgery to repair a lingering knee injury. He did not play yesterday and is hopeful to return for the Sept. 30 game against Houston.
• OL Reggie Youngblood is questionable for the Louisville game according to Coker.
• RB Tyrone Moss was "rusty" according to Coker. It was beneficial for Moss to play in the game as a tune-up with the Louisville game looming.
• Coker reviewed the tape from the game and felt more encouraged about the defense than his initial reaction after the game.
• The team will return to practice on Tuesday after a day off tomorrow.
Christopher Stock can be reached at email@example.com
The Day After...Florida A&M
Canes Time Top Stories
Lead Gift for Indoor Facility AnnouncedCORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami announced today the largest donation in the history of the Department of Athletics as the lead gift for a state-of-the-art football…
Canes TimeFriday at 8:00 PM
Miami's New 'Legend Of The U' UniformsThe University of Miami unveiled new uniforms for the the football program that resemble the team's looks from the 1980s and 1990s.
Canes TimeTuesday at 7:44 PM
UM Unveils New “Legend of the U” UniformsCORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The University of Miami and adidas today unveiled the Hurricanes' new ‘Legend of the U’ Primeknit football uniforms, which will make their debut on Oct. 8…
Mike's Analysis: App State GameMiami improved to 3-0 with a 45-10 win over App State yesterday. Read on for a full game analysis from CanesTime's Mike Bakas.