· DATE: Saturday, September 16 TIME: 3:30 p.m. TV: ABC
· Miami has not lost to Louisville as they have a 9-0-1 record against the Cardinals. They tied in 1950.
· In their last meeting, Miami won 41-38 in 2004 at the Orange Bowl after trailing 24-7 at halftime. Current UM players who played in that game: RB Tyrone Moss (4 carries, 14 yards), WR Darnell Jenkins (7-68), TE Greg Olsen (3-89, 1 TD), WR Lance Leggett (3-39).
· Last week, Miami defeated Florida A&M, 51-10 and Louisville defeated Temple, 62-0.
QB #3 Kyle Wright LT #64 Jason Fox RB #34 Charlie Jones LG #72 Andrew Bain FB #88 Chris Zellner C #78 Anthony Wollschlager WR #8 Darnell Jenkins RG #71 Derrick Morse WR #9 Lance Leggett RT #76 Chris Rutledge TE #82 Greg OlsenOther Key Players: QB Kirby Freeman, RB Javarris James, RB Tyrone Moss, WR Sam Shields, OL Alex Pou
Keep your eye on: Jones, who looked better last week but will have competition in his own backfield with James and Moss.
LE #98 Baraka Atkins CB #4 Glenn Sharpe LT #95 Bryan Pata CB #6 Randy Phillips RT #99 Kareem Brown FS #19 Brandon Meriweather RE #81 Calais Campbell SS #1 Kenny Phillips WLB #2 Jon Beason MLB #51 Romeo Davis SLB #52 Tavares GoodenOther Key Players: DE Eric Moncur, DT Teraz McCray, LB Glenn Cook, LB Darryl Sharpton, CB Bruce Johnson, S Lovon Ponder
Keep your eye on: Moncur, who has played well in both of games and started last week.
HURRICANES (30.5 ppg, 11.5 pag) QB Kyle Wright 298 yards 69% 1 TD 1 INT RB Charlie Jones 89 yards 3.7 avg 3 TD WR Darnell Jenkins 10 receptions 116 yards 0 TD WR Lance Leggett 7 receptions 71 yards 0 TD LB Jon Beason 11 tackles, 2.5 for loss FS Brandon Meriweather 11 tackles, 1 interception KR Bruce Johnson 20.0 KR, 11.5 PR, 0 TD K Jon Peattie 1-1 FG, long 20, 6-6 XP CARDINALS (60.5 ppg, 14.0 pag) QB Brian Brohm 561 yards 58% 2 TD 1 INT RB Kolby Smith 152 yards 8.0 avg 1 TD WR Mario Urrutia 7 receptions 161 yards 1 TD WR Harry Douglas 4 receptions 145 yards 0 TD LB Abe Brown 9 tackles LB Nate Harris 8 tackles, 3 for loss K Art Carmody 3-4 FG, long 51, 16-16 XP
When Miami has the ball…
RB #34 Charlie Jones vs. LB #10 Nate Harris
Jones (5-10/220) needs a big performance for the 'Canes to win. He has yet to have a 100-yard game in his career as he has started six games in his career while playing in 19. Harris (6-1/235) will look forward in trying to stop his former Miami-Dade peer. Both players will dictate their team's success in the game on Saturday although Jones does have ample back-ups if he is unable to get on track.
When Louisville has the ball…
QB #12 Brian Brohm vs. FS #19 Brandon Meriweather
The two All-American candidates are looking to lead their team to a victory. Brohm (6-4/225) is a strong-armed quarterback with experience in his favor. He is 10-2 as the UL starter. Meriweather (6-0/195) has one interception on the season and is looking for his first dominating performance of the season. The hard-hitting senior will need to have a high energy game.
· S Anthony Reddick - Questionable, ankle
· OL Reggie Youngblood - Out, ankle
· OL Tyrone Byrd - Out, knee
· WR Ryan Moore - Out, suspension
· WR Rashaun Jones - Out, suspension
NEXT GAME - September 30 vs. Houston
Christopher Stock can be reached at email@example.com