"The guys practiced extremely hard, we coached hard and we had a good day. The spirit was great."
On the bye week...
"It's a good time for us because it gives us an opportunity to get better as a football team. We need to get better. Before we beat anyone else, we have to beat Miami."
• James Bryant has been moved back to fullback from linebacker and is expected to earn the starting position.
• FB/TE Chris Zellner suffered a high ankle sprain in the Louisville game. He is in a cast and crutches. He is doubtful for the Sept. 30 game against Houston.
• WR Darnell Jenkins suffered a pulled hamstring against Louisville. He did not practice today. He is questionable for the Sept. 30 game against Houston.
• OL Reggie Youngblood has missed the last two games with a sprained ankle. Coker expects him to return for the Houston game.
• LB Jon Beason said this was the hardest practice he has had in his four years at UM. Beason was cramping during practice, which is something he rarely ever does.
• The offensive line has had its struggles, but freshman OL Jason Fox is doing very well. Fox is the least of the concern along the line.
• OL Andrew Bain suffered a knee injury against Louisville. His status is unknown at this time.
• RB Javarris James is second on the team in all-purpose yards averaging 55 yards per game. He trails only Jenkins, who averages 77 yards per game.
• P Brian Monroe has 6 touchbacks of his 11 kickoffs this season.
• Miami is 9th in the country against the run allowing just 59 rushing yards a game. They are 29th in total defense.
• In regards to the recruiting class and the possible negative reaction by recruits. Coker said: "We are going to have a great recruiting class here."
• Offensive coordinator Rich Olson felt the sack fumble in the third quarter was the turning point in the game. UL scored shortly after to make it 24-7.
• The players are focused on making a run at the ACC title. Although things look bad, the team is just 0-1 in the ACC. Last year, Florida State won the ACC and finished 8-5.
Christopher Stock can be reached at email@example.com