· DATE: Saturday, October 7 TIME: 12:00 p.m. TV: Raycom/Lincoln Financial Sports
· Miami won 34-16 in last year's game as Tyrone Moss rushed for 195 yards and four touchdowns. UNC led 16-7 at halftime.
· North Carolina is one of two ACC schools that hold the series lead over Miami. UNC leads 5-4.
· Last game, Miami won 14-13 over Houston as Javarris James rushed for 148 yards. North Carolina lost 52-7 to Clemson on Sept. 23.
QB #3 Kyle Wright LT #64 Jason Fox RB #5 Javarris James LG #72 Andrew Bain FB #45 James Bryant C #78 Anthony Wollschlager WR #9 Lance Leggett RG #71 Derrick Morse WR #83 Sam Shields RT #76 Chris Rutledge TE #82 Greg OlsenOther Key Players: QB Kirby Freeman, RB Charlie Jones, RB Tyrone Moss, WR Ryan Hill, TE DajLeon Farr, OL Reggie Youngblood, OL Tyrone Byrd, OL Alex Pou
Keep your eye on: Bryant, who scored the game-winning touchdown last week.
LE #98 Baraka Atkins CB #4 Glenn Sharpe LT #95 Bryan Pata CB #22 Bruce Johnson RT #54 Teraz McCray FS #19 Brandon Meriweather RE #81 Calais Campbell SS #1 Kenny Phillips WLB #2 Jon Beason MLB #55 Glenn Cook SLB #52 Tavares GoodenOther Key Players: DT Kareem Brown, LB Romeo Davis, CB Randy Phillips, S Lovon Ponder
Keep your eye on: Atkins, who returns to the starting lineup after three games as a reserve.
HURRICANES (20.5 ppg, 16.8 pag) QB Kyle Wright 766 yards 63% 2 TD 3 INT RB Javarris James 250 yards 6.9 avg 2 TD RB Charlie Jones 170 yards 3.7 avg 3 TD WR Lance Leggett 13 receptions 195 yards 0 TD LB Jon Beason 20 tackles, 3.5 for loss SS Kenny Phillips 26 tackles, 1 for loss KR Bruce Johnson 19.5 KR, 9.0 PR, 0 TD K Jon Peattie 1-4 FG, long 20, 9-9 XP TAR HEELS (19.5 ppg, 37.5 pag) QB Cam Sexton 485 yards 48% 3 TD 4 INT RB Ronnie McGill 275 yards 4.7 avg 3 TD WR Jesse Holley 13 receptions 213 yards 1 TD WR Brooks Foster 18 receptions 200 yards 1 TD FS D.J. Walker 23 tackles LB Larry Edwards 23 tackles, 2 sacks K Connor Barth 3-3 FG, long 47, 9-9 XP
When Miami has the ball…
FB #45 James Bryant vs. LB #32 Larry Edwards
Bryant (6-3/250) brings a lot of energy to the offense and will line it up with anyone. Edwards (6-3/235) will be expected to fight off Bryant in running situations. Look for these two hard-hitters going at it all day long.
When North Carolina has the ball…
RB #25 Ronnie McGill vs. LB #2 Jon Beason
Beason has been waiting patiently for a team that will just line it up and play as oppose to coming out with multiple receivers and trying to pass. McGill comes into the game with over 1,800 career rushing yards and 20 rushing TDs. The two should be fun to watch especially as they come off average performances in their last game.
· S Anthony Reddick - Probable, ankle
· RB Tyrone Moss - Questionable, knee
· WR Darnell Jenkins - Doubtful, knee
· DE Eric Moncur - Doubtful, knee
· WR Ryan Moore - Out, suspension
NEXT GAME - October 14 vs. Florida International at 7 pm
Christopher Stock can be reached at email@example.com