OFFENSIVE NOTES• WR Ryan Moore will now be charged with a felony count according to the Miami-Dade State Attorney's office. After further review of the amount of damage done to the car Moore struck on Aug. 26, the State Attorney's office plans to upgrade the criminal mischief charge from misdemeanor to a felony in addition to a charge of misdemeanor battery. Moore was reinstated to the team on Tuesday after an indefinite suspension following the incident. After practicing for two days, Moore did not practice Thursday and will not play against Georgia Tech. Coker said he "fully expects" Moore to play next week against Virginia Tech.
• TE Dedrick Epps wore the scout team No. 21 jersey this week to simulate Calvin Johnson.
• OL Ian Symonette was in the process of getting in the mix at offensive line before he had season-ending knee surgery. Symonette is still on crutches.
DEFENSIVE NOTES• LB Jon Beason practiced on Thursday and will travel to Georgia Tech this weekend. Beason will be available to play, but will not start. "He's genetically gifted, I guess," Coker said. "He's come along fast. He looked like he had not missed a beat."
• With Beason out of the starting lineup, LB Darryl Sharpton will start in the middle with LB Glenn Cook and LB Tavares Gooden at weakside and strongside linebacker.
• DE Baraka Atkins remains the team's starting left defensive end. Atkins has 16 tackles this season, including 3 for a loss. DE Eric Moncur (11 tackle, 0 for loss) could also start.
• DTs Bryan Pata and Kareem Brown are on the first team with Teraz McCray backing them up.
• DT Richard Gordon is coming along well according to defensive line coach Clint Hurtt.
• LB Tavares Gooden was one of the four captains who led stretches today in place of Beason. Anthony Wollschlager, Kyle Wright, and Brandon Meriweather were the other three.
OTHER NOTES• Georgia Tech is the only ACC school that leads the all-time series with Miami, 7-4.
Christopher Stock can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org