Thursday November 9thTop Performers
3B Gus Menendez: 1-for-3, 1 home run, 2 RBI, 1 run, 1 walk
SS Roger Tomas: 2-for-3, 1 run, 1 walk
OF Nick Freitas: 1-for-3, 1 home run, 2 runs, 1 RBI, one walk
C Jason Hagerty: 1-for-4, 2 RBI
RHP Anthony Perez: 2 IP, 2 runs allowed, 2 hits, 2 walks, 1 strikeout, 1 HB
RHP Anthony Nalepa: 3 IP, 0 runs allowed, 0 hits, 2 walks, 2 strikeouts
RHP Kyle Bellamy: 3 IP, 2 runs allowed, 2 hits, 2 walks, 4 strikeouts
RHP John Housey: 3 IP, 1 run allowed, 3 hits, 2 walks, 1 strikeout
News and Notes
• RHP Anthony Nalepa pitched with perfect control Wednesday. After showing some control problems in his first outing this fall, Nalepa rebounded with an impressive performance. Nalepa spotted the ball well and forced the majority of the batters into ground-outs.
• Walk-on RHP Kyle Bellamy looked impressive again Thursday. After allowing 2 runs in his first inning of work, Bellamy only allowed one batter out of the final 10 he faced to reach base.
• OF Nick Freitas' third home run of the year was an impressive opposite field home run to right-centerfield. Freitas leads the team in home runs this fall season.
• 3B Gus Menendez pulled the ball over the left field wall for his first home run of the fall season.
• Redshirt freshman OF Jonathan Weislow is an explosive athlete with great speed. Weislow, a transfer from George Mason University, has been held out this fall because of a minor surgery on his hand. Weislow was a member of the USA Junior National Team in high school, but was unable to compete due to a torn ACL.
David Lake can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org