Friday November 10th and Saturday November 11thTop Performers
OF Yonder Alonso: 5-for-8, 1 RBI, 2 run, 1 triple
C Jason Hagerty: 2-for-5, 2 runs, 1 double, 1 walk
1B Chris Gawenda: 2-for-3, 1 RBI, 1 double
C Ben Vazquez: 2-for-4, 1 double
3B Gus Menendez: 1-for-3, 1 RBI, 1 walk
OF Kevin Diego: 1-for-5, 2 RBI, 1 HBP
RHP David Gutierrez: 2 IP, 1 run allowed, 2 strikeouts, 3 hits, 0 walks
Fastball = 86 MPH
RHP Michael Sanders: 1 IP, 0 runs allowed, 2 strikeouts, 0 hits, 0 walks, 1 HB
Fastball = 83 MPH
LHP Scott Maine: 3 IP, 2 runs allowed, 2 strikeouts, 3 hits, 2 walks
Fastball = 92 MPH
LHP Manny Miguelez: 3 IP, 1 run allowed, 6 strikeouts, 3 hits, 1 walk
Fastball = 91 MPH
RHP Enrique Garcia: 3 IP, 2 runs allowed, 4 strikeouts, 6 hits, 1 walk, 1 HB
Fastball = 91 MPH
RHP Raudel Alfonso: 2 IP, 0 runs allowed, 1 strikeout, 2 hits, 0 walks
Fastball = 88 MPH
News and Notes• SS Roger Tomas, 1B Yonder Alonso, and OF Nick Freitas hit the ball well during batting practice Friday. Alonso hit 4 home runs during BP, while Freitas hit 3 home runs.
• 1B Yonder Alonso continues his great hitting this fall. Alonso was particularly pulling the ball well Saturday. During one at bat, Alonso demonstrated his bat speed, turning on a high fastball thrown from Garcia for a hit into right field.
• LHP Manny Miguelez had his third strong outing of the fall. Miguelez used his 81 MPH changeup effectively to strikeout batters and force batters into ground outs.
• LHP Scott Maine demonstrated good fielding ability today, snagging a hard grounder that came back to him and throwing a runner out at third base.
• RHP Raudel Alfonso had his best outing of the fall Saturday. Alfonso, who is recovering from Tommy John surgery he had in February, threw his best fastball this fall at 88 MPH.
• Nine Major League Baseball scouts were in attendance for Saturday's practice.
• OF Dennis Raben will be out the next four to five days due to a sprained tendon in his ankle. Raben is wearing a walking boot as a precaution.
David Lake can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org