OFFENSIVE NOTES• QB Kyle Wright (fractured thumb) did not practice and was examined by a hand surgeon. There is a "definite possibility" that Wright will have surgery. He is considered doubtful for Saturday's game at Virginia.
• QB Kirby Freeman liked how the offense converted third downs. He talked specifically how he was impressed with the 19-play drive that lasted over 10 minutes. Kirby feels like he played well enough to continue to start, but feels like he needs to take the blame for the loss. He said that the "one turnover cost us the game. I have to learn to throw the ball away in that situation."
• WR Ryan Moore: "I feel alright. I am still not in peak shape. I will try to be sharper, but this is my second week back so I am not in peak form."
• WR Rashaun Jones is still suspended as he is serving a 2-game suspension.
• There is a possibility that OL A.J. Trump suffered a torn ACL in the Maryland game.
• Coker is hopeful OL Reggie Youngblood (hyperextended knee) will be able to play this weekend after Youngblood practiced lightly on Monday.
• OL Alex Pou (knee sprain) returned to practice after missing the last two games.
DEFENSIVE NOTES• LB Tavares Gooden (concussion) did not practice and is having trouble with his balance. He is able to go through everyday life events, but has not been cleared to play football.
OTHER NOTES• The public is encouraged to attend Bryan Pata's funeral service Tuesday at 1 p.m. at the New Birth Baptist Church located at 13230 NW 7th Avenue in North Miami.
• Former Hurricanes Orien Harris and Javon Nanton were at practice.
• Yesterday UM got a commitment from WR Tarus McKinley (Belle Glade, Fla.). The 5-foot-9 receiver is Miami's seventh verbal commitment.
Christopher Stock can be reached at email@example.com