• SG Jack McClinton continues to blaze from the field as he's 14 for 24 from three-point range the past four games and scored a season high 23 points on 7 of 11 shooting. He's the second leading scorer in the ACC at 19.3 points per game. He's also first in three-point shots made in the ACC.
• SF Brian Asbury had a power surge scoring a career high 19 points on 8 of 12 shooting. He also had a career high three blocks.
• C Anthony King is having a disaster of a season on the offensive end as he was scoreless against a totally undersized Leopards squad. Over his past four games, he has scored six points, seven points, six points and zero points against teams that do not sniff the level of ACC play. Couple that with the fact he's only taken 22 shots over that same stretch, he's not being the aggressive player that Miami needs him to be.
• PF Raymond Hicks came off the bench to spark Miami with 11 points on 5 of 7 shooting. After being suspended for the first three games of the season, Hicks had his best game of the season and hopefully, it's a sign of things to come.
• PF Jimmy Graham saw limited action as he and King both struggled to cover Lafayette's post players who are perimeter players. He only scored two points in 12 minutes of action.
• PG Denis Clemente is making his case to be the starting point guard as he scored 12 points, had six assists and hit two three-pointers.
• PG Anthony Harris struggles continue. His shot is way off through six games as he's shooting a miserable 32 percent from the field and 20 percent from three-point range. The only bright spot of his game is his 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio, but that won't be enough to keep his starting spot if Clemente continues to play well in all aspects while Harris misses wide open looks.
• PF Dwayne Collins came off the bench to score six points, dish three assists and make three steals in 16 minutes of action.
• Besides McClinton who is 14 for 24 from three-point range over the past four games, Miami's outside shooting has been awful as it's 7 for 39 over that same stretch minus McClinton's stats.
Rudy Rodriguez-Chomat can be reached at email@example.com
Basketball News & Notes: Nov. 25
Canes Time Top Stories
Lead Gift for Indoor Facility AnnouncedCORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami announced today the largest donation in the history of the Department of Athletics as the lead gift for a state-of-the-art football…
Canes TimeFriday at 8:00 PM
Miami's New 'Legend Of The U' UniformsThe University of Miami unveiled new uniforms for the the football program that resemble the team's looks from the 1980s and 1990s.
Canes TimeTuesday at 7:44 PM
UM Unveils New “Legend of the U” UniformsCORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The University of Miami and adidas today unveiled the Hurricanes' new ‘Legend of the U’ Primeknit football uniforms, which will make their debut on Oct. 8…
Mike's Analysis: App State GameMiami improved to 3-0 with a 45-10 win over App State yesterday. Read on for a full game analysis from CanesTime's Mike Bakas.