* Bryce Brown's team lost for the first time this season. According to mentor Brian Butler, Brown finished the game with close to 250 yards rushing and three touchdowns. That was the fourth straight game that Brown went over 200 yards and he's on pace to gain over 2,000 yards this season.
* Mike James was taken out of the game in the first quarter of his game against Lake Region on Friday. He left the game with a shoulder injury and he's actually scheduled to see the doctor today. "I felt like I could go back in but they wanted to save me for the Kathleen game (next week)," James told me. He did score a touchdown in that first quarter. His team remains undefeated.
* Lamar Miller's team lost to Lakeland (ranked No. 2 in 5A) by the score of 27-21 on Friday night. Miller ran for about 150 yards, including a 66-yard touchdown on his first carry of the game. He scored twice, giving him 742 yards and 10 touchdowns so far this season.
* Rueben Randle, playing quarterback, led his team to a 60-31 win. He went 10-of-26 for 136 yards, two touchdowns, and no interceptions. He made the biggest impact running with the ball, however. He carried it 12 times for 130 yards and three touchdowns, giving him five TD's on the night.
* Orson Charles and his Plant team had the week off. For the season, in four games, Charles has 18 catches for 394 yards and six touchdowns.
* Tight end Billy Sanders had one catch for 14 yards in his team's win. He also helped pave the way for 336 yards rushing on the night. Defensively, Sanders finished the game with eight tackles and 3.5 sacks.
* Stephen Plein, playing defensive end, and his Fort Myers team lost 31-0 on Friday and his defensive stats for that game are unavailable. Through his first four games, Plein had 31 tackles and 3.5 sacks. -- Fort Myers News-Press
* Jacksonville Raines defensive end Lawrence Henderson's team lost but he had a couple catches for about 40 yards at tight end. Defensively, he had about a half dozen tackles and a sack.
* DL Luther Robinson's team lost 13-0. His team's defensive stats havent been updated yet but through the first four games going into that one, Robinson had 21 tackles, four sacks, and one pick. -- TCPalm.com.
* QB/DB Denard Robinson led his team to a 22-14 win and his Deerfield Beach team is still ranked No. 1 in the state in Florida's highest classification. Robinson completed 12-of-24 for 167 yards, one TD, and one pick. He also had six carries for 35 yards and 1 TD. For the season, Robinson has completed 30-of-63 for 419 yards, 2 TDs, and 3 picks. He's carried the ball 26 times for 104 yards and two scores. --