* Jim Grobe has done a great job because he's done a good job of getting players to fit into his program. They're a very veteran team right now.
* A big problem with penalties right now is how the defensive linemen are jumping offside. Those are "unacceptable" compared to aggressive ones like roughing the passer, etc.
* Josh Holmes could get some reps. He's had a couple good weeks of practice. They'll see how he does this week and if he's ready, they'll use him.
* Wake's Demir Boldin is a kid they really get involved in the game. He's one of the most productive players in the conference and they'll try getting him the ball a lot every game.
* Re: Wake QB Riley Skinner -- he doesn't turn the ball over.
* Five freshmen scoring touchdowns in one game has to be a record at UM. The young kids are really starting to turn the corner.
* When we spread the ball around on offense, "we'll probably win the game."
* Aldarius Johnson and Laron Byrd have been outstanding in practice the last couple weeks. They're making tough catches in tight situations, especially Aldarius.
* Duke was doing a lot of zone blitzes and Jacory was doing a nice job of reading it and finding the open receiver.
* They work on the redzone stuff every day in practice. That's how they start every practice -- ones against ones in the redzone. Offense, score. Defense, stop them.
* DVD was "having a phenomenal game" against Duke until he got nicked up. His status for this Saturday will be determined in practice this week.
* Arthur Brown at LB: "Right now, he's still got some things he has to learn but he's doing well."
* Baby J's foot was bothering him in the game, it got numb. "He's fine" now. It was good getting him in the game. He should be a lot better this week.
* Against Duke, the 2 minute offense worked really well because they weren't able to substitute and it wore them down.