* VT likes to run the ball 30-40 times a game and throw it 15-22 a game.
* During the week off, the team worked a lot on having the corners come up and tackle. That's going to be very important on Thursday.
* We did a lot of 1 vs 1 work in practice lately.
* A big key in this game is not having negative plays. A 0-yard run is OK in this one. They just can't lose yards.
* Reggie Youngblood is playing ok but not where they need him yet. He did a real good job against Virginia when Jason Fox got hurt. He's started to get back into the full swing of things. Coach Stoutland has done a tremendous job with him.
* Youngblood had a chance to redshirt after the injury but he wanted to come back and help this team down the stretch. Shannon said it showed a certain character that they liked.
* "Everyone's healthy," he said. "Fox is the only one you don't know yet."
* Crowds have been solid this year but this isn't a college town and there are only 8,000 undergrads. If you average 50,000 per game, it says a lot about the fan base because there aren't that many alumni to be coming.
* Baby J has stepped up his leadership role this year and has helped the younger backs this season. He wants to do whatever it takes to win the game.
* James could have gone back in the game against Virginia but Coop was rested. They didn't want to risk it.
* Recruits are looking at a good opportunity here. They see coaches giving a lot of young kids good opportunities.