* N.C. State is a tough opponent this week because "they're playing better than anyone in the conference" right now.
* N.C. State is good on offense because they can run the ball and they do a nice job of getting the ball into the hands of their backs and tight ends in the passing game.
* A key on defense will be playing well against the NC State quarterback. "They have to do their job, stay in their lane, and do their assignment. If you get away from that, bad things will happen."
* The team won't come out flat after last week's loss. "They know how Georgia Tech went and we should bounce back with fire and enthusiasm."
* The importance of this game is huge because an 8-4 season is a lot better than 7-5 and would show continued improvement as this team continues going in the right direction.
* On how to correct mistakes like we saw last week, Shannon said, "we gotta get the inexperienced players to focus on their assignments."
* Shannon called Georgia Tech defensive end a possible "top five pick". He's different than guys Miami's had over the years because he's 6-foot-7 and Miami hasn't had a guy like that.
* The quarterback rotation will be the same. "Jacory will come in after the third series and we'll go with who's better from there."
* He offered no prediction on the Florida/FSU game, saying it was awhile ago that Miami played those teams and he hasn't really watched them since.