* Standing in Seminole's way? That would be Miami Northwestern, again. For the third year in a row, the Bulls will play an Orlando-area team for the 6A crown. They blasted Lake Brantley and Boone the last two seasons in the final game. Junior defensive tackle Todd Chandler, a 2010 UM commitment, will be looking to pull in his third state championship ring in as many years. Chandler and his teammates knocked off Miramar, led by Eugene Smith, on Friday night.
* In the Class 5A fianl, it'll be St. Thomas Aquinas against Lakeland for the fourth time in five years. Miami is actively recruiting STA junior offensive lineman Brandon Linder, who many believe is the state's No. 1 offensive lineman right now.
* Orson Charles and the Plant Panthers are headed to the state finals to take on Tallahassee Lincoln next week. When Charles transferred to Plant from Riverview this offseason, he said his only goal this season was to win a state title. Well, he's one game away and Charles has been the MVP of that team this year. When Georgia-bound quarterback Aaron Murray went down with a leg injury in the middle part of the season, many believed Plant was in for a long road ahead. Instead, they've won every game since with its backup quarterback and the dominant play of Charles on both sides of the ball is a major reason for that. Murray returned to the field last night and will lead Plant in the state title game next weekend.
* Godby will take on Cocoa in the 3A final, after Cocoa knocked off Monsignor Pace (Kayvon Webster) on the final play of the game with a 52-yard field goal.
* In other news, quarterback A.J. Highsmith will lead his team in the state semi-final game in Texas later today at 4 pm. They are scheduled to take on Clark High in a game that'll send the winner to the state championship game next week.