4. Jeff Luc -- The middle linebacker prospect took an unofficial visit to Miami back in the spring and came away impressed. He used to live in Miami. The Canes need linebackers and he's one of the best ones in Florida this year. While he has offers from major programs all over the nation, Luc will likely stay in-state and choose between Miami, Florida State, and Florida.
12. Alec Ogletree -- Widely considered the No. 1 overall prospect in the state of Georgia, Ogletree grew up a Miami fan and says the Canes are the team to beat right now. Georgia has done a nice job recruiting their home state under Mark Richt but a few five-star players, including Allen Bailey, have gotten away in recent years so the Canes are very much in the ballgame here.
13. Corey Lemonier -- The state's premier defensive end prospect, Lemonier is a local product who has a lot of interest in Miami. The Canes will see intense competition from a lot of other programs but appears to be in good shape heading into the summer.
30. Sharrif Floyd -- A massive defensive tackle prospect from near Philadelphia, Floyd has a lot of interest in Miami but it remains a question on whether or not the Canes will have room for any more defensive tackles in this class.
51. William Gholston -- Another premier defensive end prospect, Gholston was offered by Miami back in early February and he's expressed a lot of interest. Since the Canes will likely only sign one defensive end and since Gholston will be a tough pull out of Michigan, this one seems unlikely to happen.
70. Shaun Lewis -- One of the top linebacker prospects in the state of Texas, Lewis is from the same school as incoming freshman recruit A.J. Highsmith. Lewis is an undersized player who puts you in mind of Sean Spence a little bit. The Canes are very much in the running here, and Texas hasn't offered so there's an excellent chance he'll leave his home state.
82. Chris Dunkley -- One of the state's top wide receiver prospects, Dunkley has his choice of schools. Miami is on his list right now but he grew up a Florida fan and they appear to be the front-runners right now.
85. Eduardo Clements -- One of the state's top running back prospects, Clements is a local product from a UM-friendly school (Booker T. Washington). He grew up a Florida State fan, however, and also says he's very high on Georgia right now.
93. Chaz Green -- One of the state's top offensive line prospects, Green has an offer from and some interest in Miami but it appears the Canes are playing catch-up to Florida and Florida State at this point.