* Micheal Barrow was working a lot with the defensive backs today.
* Jamal Reid left practice and didn't return. His injury wasn't known.
* Contrary to rumors, WR Tommy Streeter was fully healthy today and was a full participant.
* The starting linebackers were Colin McCarthy, Darryl Sharpton (middle), and Sean Spence. The second unit was Jordan Futch, Arthur Brown, and Ramon Buchanan. The third unit was Kylan Robinson, Shayon Green, and C.J. Holton.
* During 7 on 7 work, they were going in two different groups so it was tough to tell who the starters were. The linebackers were eating everything up on the perimeter. Brown and Buchanan were "flying around" making plays.
* TE Jimmy Graham appears to have gained some solid weight. His three-point stance needs some work but he looks like a football player in pads. At one point during the morning, Coach Stoutland said to him, "not bad for a basketball player."
* Highlights during 7on7 drills included Streeter catching a 40-yard TD from Jacory Harris on McGee, Harris had an interception on one of the backup quarterbacks, and DVD returned an INT for a TD on one of the backups (which resulted in a 30-second celebration dance).
* When the team went into 11-on-11 drills, the starters on the D-Line were Ojomo, Robinson, Allen Bailey, and Josh Holmes (Vernon and Eric Moncur were next in). The starting safeties were Telemaque and Randy Phillips. On offense, the receivers were LaRon Byrd and Aldarius Johnson. The O-Line was Jason Fox, Joel Figueroa, A.J. Trump, Orlando Franklin, and Benjamin Jones (who also played left tackle on the second unit, with Jermaine Johnson at RT). Jared Wheeler got some action on the second unit as well. Tyler Horn was the backup center and had some problems with the QB/center exchange.
* Nicolas caused a fumble on one of the freshman tight ends. Byrd recovered it.
* During gassers at the end of practice, the team had to really encourage Jeremy Lewis to finish while everyone else waited for him.
* Randy Shannon addressed the media after practice (stay tuned for that later), basically saying that he'll be excited when the team gets into pads and that it's nice to have some good senior leadership on this team (singled out Randy Phillips for his leadership role).