· On back-to-back plays in 7-on-7 drills, senior defensive back Ryan Hill broke up a deep pass
intended for sophomore receiver Travis Benjamin before intercepting a pass in the right flat.
· Sophomore linebacker Arthur Brown made a diving interception in 11-on-11 action.
· Junior wide receiver Leonard Hankerson made two catches in the 20-yard range in 11-on-11 drills.
· Junior running back Graig Cooper made several plays (rushing and receiving) of 10+ yards.
· Senior defensive back Sam Shields made a few standout plays defensively, including a pass
break-up on a deep ball intended for sophomore receiver LaRon Byrd.
Additional Jersey Number Changes
Senior tight end/long snapper Jake Byrne is wearing No. 87 this season while senior holder Matt Perrelli is now No. 33. Byrne made the switch to tight end during spring practice to add depth. He wore No. 69 last season while serving as the long snapper on PAT's and field goals. Perrelli, who has been kicker Matt Bosher's holder since their days at Jupiter High School, wore No. 19 last season.
Miami will hold approximately 18 workouts prior to the first day of class on Aug 26. Two of those workouts have been completed. The Hurricanes open the season on Labor Day Monday Night at rival No. 19 Florida State. Hurricanes' practices will start at 8 a.m. daily, with the exception of off-days on Aug. 14, 16, 20 and 22. Miami's first day in full pads is slated for Wednesday Aug. 12. Four two-a-day practices are slated for preseason camp with the first taking place on Thurs., Aug. 13 at 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. UM's other two-a-day practices are Mon. Aug. 17, Wed. Aug. 19 and Sun. Aug. 23. The schedule is subject to change.
Miami already has been selected for three national television appearances, beginning with the Sept. 7 opener at Florida State (ESPN). Additional games chosen for national telecasts are the Hurricanes' home opener against Georgia Tech on Thurs. Sept. 17 (ESPN). Miami's game at UCF will air on CBS College Sports at 8 p.m. on Sat. Oct. 10.
· Sunday's practice was the team's first of the fall on the Greentree Practice Fields.
· The session lasted approximately 2 ½ hours.
· Practice temperatures: Consistently in the upper 80's, with a heat index that reached 102.
· The Hurricanes' season-opener at Florida State on Mon. Sept 7 is 29 days away.
For ‘Canes Tickets
Single-game tickets for University of Miami home football games are on sale. Ticket prices for all games begin at $19 and can be purchased via www.HurricaneSports.com, www.ticketmaster.com or at the Miami Hurricanes Ticket Office located at the Hecht Athletic Center on campus or by calling (305) 284-2263. Hours of operation for the ticket office is 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Individual game tickets are also available at Ticketmaster outlets including select F.Y.E. and select Simon Malls, The Mall at Wellington Green and Dolphin Mall. To charge your individual game tickets by phone, call 1-800-745-3000. Individual game tickets will be available on the 100 Level, Club Level and 400 Level of the stadium. The best way to guarantee tickets to all Miami Hurricanes home games at Land Shark Stadium is to become a season ticket holder, Club Level member or Executive Suite member. To purchase season tickets starting as low as $99, Club Level or Executive Suite Memberships, call 1-800-GO-CANES or purchase your seats on-line at www.HurricaneSports.com.