Brandon Harris and Colin McCarthy stood out defensively, with each recording two interceptions on the morning. Offensively, Leonard Hankerson made a few big catches while Graig Cooper, Damien Berry and Mike James each had a few big runs.
Temperatures again held consistent, ranging from 85 to 88 degrees throughout.
The team will return to practice Thursday with its first two-a-day of camp. The ‘Canes will practice in full pads at an 8 a.m. session before coming back out at 3:45 p.m. in shells.
· Brandon Harris and Colin McCarthy each recorded two interceptions on the morning. Harrismade the first pick of the morning in 11-on-11 action before McCarthy recorded his first in 7-on-7. Both players then wrapped up the morning with back-to-back INTs during the two-minute drill in 11-on-11 play towards the end of the session.
· Leonard Hankerson made two catches of 30+ yards in 11-on-11 action.
· Jimmy Graham and Damien Berry each scored during red zone drills.
· Damien Berry, Graig Cooper and Mike James all picked up significant gains in middle drills.
· Wednesday's practice was the team's fifth of the fall, fourth on the Greentree Practice Fields and first in full pads.
· The session lasted approximately two hours and 20 minutes.
· Practice temperatures: Between 85-88 with a heat index reaching the upper 90's.
· The Hurricanes' season-opener at Florida State on Mon. Sept 7 is 26 days away.
Miami will hold approximately 18 workouts prior to the first day of class on Aug 26. Five of those workouts have been completed. The Hurricanes open the season on Labor Day Monday Night at rival No. 19 Florida State. Hurricanes' practices will start at 8 a.m. daily, with the exception of off-days on Aug. 14, 16, 20 and 22. Four two-a-day practices are slated for preseason camp with the first taking place on Thurs., Aug. 13 at 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. UM's other two-a-day practices are Mon. Aug. 17, Wed. Aug. 19 and Sun. Aug. 23. The schedule is subject to change.
Miami has already has been selected for three national television appearances, beginning with the Sept. 7 opener at Florida State (ESPN). Additional games chosen for national telecasts are the Hurricanes' home opener against Georgia Tech on Thurs. Sept. 17 (ESPN). Miami's game at UCF will air on CBS College Sports at 7:30 p.m. on Sat. Oct. 17.
For ‘Canes Tickets
Single-game tickets for University of Miami home football games are on sale. Ticket prices for all games begin at $19 and can be purchased via www.HurricaneSports.com, www.ticketmaster.com or at the Miami Hurricanes Ticket Office located at the Hecht Athletic Center on campus or by calling (305) 284-2263. Hours of operation for the ticket office is 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Individual game tickets are also available at Ticketmaster outlets including select F.Y.E. and select Simon Malls, The Mall at Wellington Green and Dolphin Mall. To charge your individual game tickets by phone, call 1-800-745-3000. Individual game tickets will be available on the 100 Level, Club Level and 400 Level of the stadium. The best way to guarantee tickets to all Miami Hurricanes home games at Land Shark Stadium is to become a season ticket holder, Club Level member or Executive Suite member. To purchase season tickets starting as low as $99, Club Level or Executive Suite Memberships, call 1-800-GO-CANES or purchase your seats on-line at www.HurricaneSports.com.