Offensively, a Jacory Harris to Jimmy Graham connection that resulted in a 60-65 yard gain proved to be one of the top plays in the morning. The two hooked up again in the afternoon session in 7-on-7 drills.
Temperatures again held consistent, ranging from 85 to 88 degrees throughout.
After six straight days of practice to open camp, including Thursday's two-a-day, the Hurricanes will take the day off on Friday before returning to the practice field on Saturday.
· Ramon Buchanan recorded an interception in red zone drills and made several big stops, including a sack, in 11-on-11 action.
· Jacory Harris hooked up with Jimmy Graham (60-65 yards) and Travis Benjamin (35-40 yards) in 11-on-11 play.
· Olivier Vernon recorded two sacks, with one coming in third down drills and the other in red zone work.
· Mike James had a handful of plays of 10+ yards, including a few catch and runs in third down situations.
· Defense held the offense three straight plays on a 1st-and-goal from the three-yard line.
· Tommy Streeter made two long receptions in team passing situations and had another nice grab in 7-on-7 drills.
· The defense held the offense to one TD in red zone drills. Aldarius Johnson had the touchdown catch.
· Linebacker Kylan Robinson intercepted a tipped pass for the defense.
· Running back Lee Chambers had a nice long run to convert a third down.
· Safety Vaughn Telemaque had a fumble recovery.
· Thursday marked the team's first two-a-day of fall camp.
· The morning session and afternoon session each lasted just under two hours. Both sessions were the coolest practices of fall camp, with temperatures in the lower 80's.
· After six straight days of practices, the ‘Canes will take off on Friday.
· The Hurricanes' season-opener at Florida State on Mon. Sept 7 is 25 days away.
Miami will hold approximately 18 workouts prior to the first day of class on Aug 26. Seven of those workouts have been completed. The Hurricanes open the season on Labor Day Monday Night at rival No. 19 Florida State. Hurricanes' practices will start at 8 a.m. daily, with the exception of off-days on Aug. 14, 16, 20 and 22. UM's other two-a-day practices are slated Mon. Aug. 17, Wed. Aug. 19 and Sun. Aug. 23. The schedule is subject to change.
Miami has already has been selected for three national television appearances, beginning with the Sept. 7 opener at Florida State (ESPN). Additional games chosen for national telecasts are the Hurricanes' home opener against Georgia Tech on Thurs. Sept. 17 (ESPN). Miami's game at UCF will air on CBS College Sports at 7:30 p.m. on Sat. Oct. 17.
For ‘Canes Tickets
Single-game tickets for University of Miami home football games are on sale. Ticket prices for all games begin at $19 and can be purchased via www.HurricaneSports.com, www.ticketmaster.com or at the Miami Hurricanes Ticket Office located at the Hecht Athletic Center on campus or by calling (305) 284-2263. Hours of operation for the ticket office is 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Individual game tickets are also available at Ticketmaster outlets including select F.Y.E. and select Simon Malls, The Mall at Wellington Green and Dolphin Mall. To charge your individual game tickets by phone, call 1-800-745-3000. Individual game tickets will be available on the 100 Level, Club Level and 400 Level of the stadium. The best way to guarantee tickets to all Miami Hurricanes home games at Land Shark Stadium is to become a season ticket holder, Club Level member or Executive Suite member. To purchase season tickets starting as low as $99, Club Level or Executive Suite Memberships, call 1-800-GO-CANES or purchase your seats on-line at www.HurricaneSports.com.