After temperatures dropped slightly late last week, the heat index returned into the mid-to-upper 90s for both sessions on Monday.
The Hurricanes will practice just once on Tuesday, before holding their third two-a-day on Wednesday.
Practice Highlights - Morning Session (Full Pads)
• Allen Bailey recorded two sacks, including one in red zone drills.
• Graig Cooper stood out offensively in red zone work, scoring on a 15-yard run and later on a pass from Jacory Harris. Cooper also picked up a 25-yard run in third down blitz drills.
Practice Highlights - Afternoon Session (Helmets and Shorts)
• Javarris James had three runs of at least 15 yards in 11-on-11 action.
• Davon Johnson made a 30-35 yard diving catch from a pass thrown by Jacory Harris in 11-on-11 action.
• 7-on-7 drills were highlighted by back-to-back 65-yard touchdown catches by LaRon Byrd (from Jacory Harris) and Leonard Hankerson (from Cannon Smith).
• Monday marked the team's second two-a-day of fall camp.
• Both sessions lasted approximately two hours. Temperatures remained in the mid-to-upper 80's throughout both practices.
• Head Coach Randy Shannon talked to the media after the morning session and said that sophomore defensive end Adewale Ojomo would miss some time. Shannon also said freshman defensive end Olivier Vernon would be day-to-day nursing a minor injury.
• University of Miami head men's basketball coach Frank Haith was among those in attendance at Monday morning's session.
• Former University of Miami wide receiver Yatil Green attended the afternoon practice.
• UM will hold one practice on Tuesday. The `Canes will wear full pads in a morning session.
• The Hurricanes' season-opener at Florida State on Mon. Sept 7 is 21 days away.
Miami will hold approximately 18 workouts prior to the first day of class on Aug 26. Nine of those workouts have been completed. The Hurricanes open the season on Labor Day Monday Night at rival No. 19 Florida State. Hurricanes' practices will start at 8 a.m. daily, with the exception of off-days on Aug. 14, 16, 20 and 22. UM's final two-a-day practices are slated for Wednesday, Aug. 19 and Sunday, Aug. 23. The schedule is subject to change.
Miami has already has been selected for three national television appearances, beginning with the Sept. 7 opener at Florida State (ESPN). Additional games chosen for national telecasts are the Hurricanes' home opener against Georgia Tech on Thurs. Sept. 17 (ESPN). Miami's game at UCF will air on CBS College Sports at 7:30 p.m. on Sat. Oct. 17.
For `Canes Tickets
Single-game tickets for University of Miami home football games are on sale. Ticket prices for all games begin at $19 and can be purchased via www.HurricaneSports.com, www.ticketmaster.com or at the Miami Hurricanes Ticket Office located at the Hecht Athletic Center on campus or by calling (305) 284-2263. Hours of operation for the ticket office is 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Individual game tickets are also available at Ticketmaster outlets including select F.Y.E. and select Simon Malls, The Mall at Wellington Green and Dolphin Mall. To charge your individual game tickets by phone, call 1-800-745-3000. Individual game tickets will be available on the 100 Level, Club Level and 400 Level of the stadium. The best way to guarantee tickets to all Miami Hurricanes home games at Land Shark Stadium is to become a season ticket holder, Club Level member or Executive Suite member. To purchase season tickets starting as low as $99, Club Level or Executive Suite Memberships, call 1-800-GO-CANES or purchase your seats on-line at www.HurricaneSports.com.