McCarthy had a good day of camp, intercepting a tipped pass in 11-on-11 action after recovering a fumble during inside run drills.
Offensively, Collier thrived in red zone play, catching several passes, including one that went for a 15-yard touchdown while Highsmith connected with LaRon Byrd and Kendal Thompkins on big passing plays in 11-on-11 drills.
The heat index reached into the upper 90's again, with a consistent wind that often gusted up to 20-25 miles per hour during the session.
The Hurricanes will hold their third two-a-day on Wednesday before taking a day off on Thursday.
· Colin McCarthy intercepted a tipped pass in 11-on-11 work and also recovered a fumble during running drills.
· Thearon Collier stood out among the wide receivers, picking up multiple catches – including a 15-yard touchdown – in red zone work.
· A.J. Highsmith connected with LaRon Byrd for a 40+ yard gain and Kendal Thompkins (20-25 yard gain) in 11-on-11 action.
· Tuesday marked the team's ninth day of camp and 11th practice session.
· The session lasted approximately two hours and 20 minutes. Temperatures remained in the mid-to-upper 80's throughout.
· The ‘Canes will hold their third two-a-day of fall camp on Wednesday with early morning and late afternoon sessions.
· Running back Graig Cooper (lower leg) did not practice.
· The Hurricanes' season-opener at Florida State on Mon. Sept 7 is 20 days away.
Miami will hold approximately 18 workouts prior to the first day of class on Aug 26. Eleven of those workouts have been completed. The Hurricanes open the season on Labor Day Monday Night at rival No. 19 Florida State. Hurricanes' practices will start at 8 a.m. daily, with the exception of off-days on Aug. 14, 16, 20 and 22. UM's final two-a-day practices are slated for Wednesday, Aug. 19 and Sunday, Aug. 23. The schedule is subject to change.
Miami has already has been selected for three national television appearances, beginning with the Sept. 7 opener at Florida State (ESPN). Additional games chosen for national telecasts are the Hurricanes' home opener against Georgia Tech on Thurs. Sept. 17 (ESPN). Miami's game at UCF will air on CBS College Sports at 7:30 p.m. on Sat. Oct. 17.
For ‘Canes Tickets
Single-game tickets for University of Miami home football games are on sale. Ticket prices for all games begin at $19 and can be purchased via www.HurricaneSports.com, www.ticketmaster.com or at the Miami Hurricanes Ticket Office located at the Hecht Athletic Center on campus or by calling (305) 284-2263. Hours of operation for the ticket office is 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Individual game tickets are also available at Ticketmaster outlets including select F.Y.E. and select Simon Malls, The Mall at Wellington Green and Dolphin Mall. To charge your individual game tickets by phone, call 1-800-745-3000. Individual game tickets will be available on the 100 Level, Club Level and 400 Level of the stadium. The best way to guarantee tickets to all Miami Hurricanes home games at Land Shark Stadium is to become a season ticket holder, Club Level member or Executive Suite member. To purchase season tickets starting as low as $99, Club Level or Executive Suite Memberships, call 1-800-GO-CANES or purchase your seats on-line at www.HurricaneSports.com.