Temperatures returned to the mid 80's on Monday. The session was briefly interrupted however due to a storm threat in the area.
The ‘Canes will hold their 18th and final practice of preseason camp Tuesday before taking Wednesday off for the first day of class.
· Jacory Harris connected with Travis Benjamin for a number of big gains in 11-on-11 work.
· Jeremy Lewis stood out on the defensive line, consistently getting into the backfield on passing downs.
· Red zone highlights included a Jacory Harris to LaRon Byrd touchdown, a Graig Cooper 15-yard touchdown run and a Javarris James 5-yard touchdown run.
· In overtime drills starting at the 25-yard line, some highlights included a 7-yard run by Javarris James, a tackle for a loss by Jeremy Lewis and a 15-yard catch by Richard Gordon.
· Monday marked the team's 13th day of camp and 17th practice session.
· The session lasted approximately two hours, with cloudy skies, temperatures in the mid 80's and a heat index that reached 90.
· The ‘Canes will hold their third and final closed scrimmage on Tuesday.
· The Hurricanes' season-opener at Florida State on Monday, Sept. 7 is 15 days away.
Miami will have had held 18 workouts prior to the first day of class on Aug. 26 counting tomorrow's final scrimmage. The Hurricanes open the season on Labor Day Monday Night at rival No. 19 Florida State.
Hurricane Hotline on 560 WQAM Set for This Wednesday
Hurricane Hotline made its debut last Thursday on 560 WQAM. The weekly two-hour show hosted by Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. will air from 7-9 p.m. Thursday nights during the season from The Sports Exchange (45 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables, Fla. 33134; Phone: 305-774-1222). This week's show will air Wednesday, Aug. 26. Hurricane Hotline features interviews with UM head football coach Randy Shannon, players, coaches and other UM personnel as well as other featured guests. Fans are encouraged to listen on 560 WQAM or view the show in-person at The Sports Exchange.
Miami has already has been selected for three national television appearances, beginning with the Sept. 7 opener at Florida State (ESPN). Additional games chosen for national telecasts are the Hurricanes' home opener against Georgia Tech on Thurs. Sept. 17 (ESPN). Miami's game at UCF will air on CBS College Sports at 7:30 p.m. on Sat. Oct. 17.
For ‘Canes Tickets
Single-game tickets for University of Miami home football games are on sale. Ticket prices for all games begin at $19 and can be purchased via www.HurricaneSports.com, www.ticketmaster.com or at the Miami Hurricanes Ticket Office located at the Hecht Athletic Center on campus or by calling (305) 284-2263. Hours of operation for the ticket office is 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Individual game tickets are also available at Ticketmaster outlets including select F.Y.E. and select Simon Malls, The Mall at Wellington Green and Dolphin Mall. To charge your individual game tickets by phone, call 1-800-745-3000. Individual game tickets will be available on the 100 Level, Club Level and 400 Level of the stadium. The best way to guarantee tickets to all Miami Hurricanes home games at Land Shark Stadium is to become a season ticket holder, Club Level member or Executive Suite member. To purchase season tickets starting as low as $99, Club Level or Executive Suite Memberships, call 1-800-GO-CANES or purchase your seats on-line at www.HurricaneSports.com.