* The team really showed a lot of maturity, especially on defense. A good example is holding their offense to a field goal on the opening drive.
* They did an excellent job of mixing things up on offense, like using two running backs.
* Matt Bosher will bounce back from the missed field goals. He came over to Shannon on the sideline and explained what he did wrong.
* Alex Uribe responded well in the second half after calming down some.
* Field position was vital on offense.
* The team had good focus and intensity in practice all week.
* He wasn't happy with the deep balls that Georgia Tech completed in the game.
* Coach Lovett did a great job with the defensive game plan, expressing fighting off chop blocks and getting 11 guys running to the football.
* Coach Whip did a great job with the game plan and the O-Line did a great job opening holes and protecting Jacory.
* The defense was able to adjust to the different things Tech was doing on offense.
* Jimmy Graham did a nice jon blocking and ran a good route on the touchdown and is now starting to elevate his game.
* Laron Byrd did a nice job making plays and it's good to have this many receivers to throw the ball around too. It prevents defenses from focusing on one guy.
* He said Sam Shields played "OK" and is coming along overall.
* About the hype, he said it won't let it affect them because they learned their lession from that last season after starting 7-3.
* Jacory should handle it well because he's been there before with the success he had at Northwestern.
* It was good to have Eric Moncur back making plays for the team.
* Olivier Vernon did a good job for a freshman. Coming in January really helped him a long. He made some real athletic plays last night.
* Coop is doing what's expected of him. The running backs as a group did a great job, especially fullback Pat Hill.
* There were 7 or 8 offensive linemen available for the game. Benjamin Jones, for example, was sick and didn't dress.
* Darryl Sharpton did a nice job with the fullback against the option.
* Vaughn Telemaque did a nice job in his first game, especially in the run game.
* Special teams will be a huge emphasis this week in practice since Virginia Tech is always strong there.
* Colin McCarthy's helmet was messed up at the beginning of the game and that's why Jordan Futch got the start at linebacker.
* Coach Whip's offense is confusing to defend because all the moving around and pre-snap shifting.
* On putting on AJ Highsmith last night, he said that never crossed his mind.
* On Dedrick Epps, he's not completely where he needs to be. He's blocking well and running good routes but he wants to see him running people over.
* Jacory is doing a great job of spreading it around -- 8 different receivers last week and 9 this week.