Lets take a look at how my points before the game played out.
1) Effective Rushing Attack- The Spartans needed to run the football well against Indiana and they did just that on Saturday, rushing for 174 yards against Indiana.
2) Convert on Third Down- The Spartans were converting 34% on third down going into the game, but on Saturday the Spartan offense was 6-12 (50%) on third down.
3) Contain Tre Roberson- Freshman quarterback Tre Roberson had rushed for 275 yards in his three starts this season, in his fourth start Roberson rushed for 12 yards on 10 carries.
4) Limit the Penalties- The Spartans did a good job limiting the penalties Saturday; the Spartans had 5 penalties for 45 yards.
5) Continue Red Zone Efficiency- The Spartans continued their red zone efficiency Saturday going 6 for 6 in the red zone.