1) Contain Quarterback Russell Wilson- Wilson leads the NCAA in QB rating with a QB rating of 192.9. Wilson has thrown for 28 touchdowns this season to go along with 3 interceptions. In the first meeting earlier this year, the Spartan Defense was able to contain Wilson, as he threw for 223 yards and had 2 interceptions.
2) Stop the Wisconsin Running Game- The Spartans must stop Heisman candidate Montee Ball, Ball is 2nd in the NCAA in rushing yard with 1622 yards and is 1st in touchdowns with 29.
3) Limit the Penalties- A big reason why the Spartans won their first meeting this season against the Badgers was because the Spartans were disciplined and had 0 penalties, the Spartans must play disciplined again on Saturday.
4) Win the Turnover Margin- On the road/neutral sites the Spartans are only +2 in turnover margin compared to at home where they are +7. Winning the turnover margin is crucial for a Spartan victory.
5) Limit Wisconsin's Red Zone Efficiency- On the Road/Neutral sites the badgers have a red zone efficiency rate of 88.5% and scored touchdowns on 22 out of the 26 attempts. The Spartan Defense must limit the touchdowns and force Wisconsin to kick field goals in the red zone in order to win.